Daz Smith is off-line
07 April 2010 14:51
Daz_S
Photographer
Daz_S
Norfolk
Nr Kings Lynn

Hi there,
Although I'm on here as a photographer, my 'day job' is in the Royal Air Force.  I'm an instructor, and as part of the course I teach we take the trainees on an exercise.  One of the things they have to deal with is an injured person.  I'm looking for advice on how to 'make' a realistic looking wound from household items, eg food colouring, vaseline, corn flour etc.  Can anyone help???

Many Thanks,

Daz.

Lindsay Sian Snuggs is off-line
07 April 2010 16:14
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

You can make 'burns' from gelatine - find it in the home baking section of the supermarket.

Is it essential to make the wounds from household items? They won't give you a hugely realistic look, but you can get an amazing range of fake bloods wounds etc from make up suppliers.

Failing that you could get an MUA on board for the days you need casualty fx. I do SFX bloods, wounds, burns, gunshot wounds etc - if I can help just PM me.

Lindsay
Portfolio: www.lindsaysiansnuggs.carbonmade.com

Daz Smith is off-line
10 April 2010 04:10
Daz_S
Photographer
Daz_S
Norfolk
Nr Kings Lynn

The reason, we use household items, and that we don't hire a MUA is that, as instructors we feel that a realistic injury adds to the training, however, there is no budget for this! The 'injury' has to be produced at little or no cost (I suppose we could break a trainees leg - oops we're not allowed to say that!). I'll have a look for some gelatine and red food dye and have a play with that. If anyone has anymore tips please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Daz.

Lindsay Sian Snuggs is off-line
10 April 2010 06:13
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

PM sent.
Linds
Portfolio: www.lindsaysiansnuggs.carbonmade.com

Victoria Howard is off-line
11 April 2010 17:22
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

PM with links sent

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Damm08 Lushlolly sarahjane1 Shhimblond Silkythighslou Superhawk8 toxicinnocence
Andyphotography BobWright Cole96 dirkus dorrian frankpht gazzer59 hylander iestyn jonnar42 kaosrox keltica lysander mrdl Ncp Richard99 rod_m99 rscott360 RupertRudd stephenmuddell steveh32 swalsh58 visions11 woody
ThePhotographyStudios