Reminder Secure

TEETH! Home bleaching kits - advice/tips?!

bella ava is off-line
10 April 2010 13:23
bella_ava
Model
bella_ava
Greater Manchester
Manchester

I use pearl drops whitening daily toothpaste. I have been using it for about 2 weeks and have started to see a difference.

Read up before you use this bleaching internet stuff, some work but some just contain irritants to make your gums and lips pinker so your teeth appear whiter yet they make no difference to your actual teeth.

I tried teeth bleaching once, went to my dentist and spent about £300, made less difference than the toothpaste and it made my teeth sensitive for about 4 days.

Becki is off-line
13 April 2010 16:43
RebeccaOakes
Model

Bedfordshire
Bedford

I've been using a kit from superdrug called Brilliant, It's in a purple, green and white box.
You put the whitening gel in the gum sheild, Put the accelerator on each tooth your wanting to whiten, and without touching your teeth after place the gum shield in for 5 - 10 mins then brush with tooth paste provide. Works wonders

Laura Black is off-line
03 May 2010 13:13
Laura_Black
Model
Laura_Black
Berkshire
Slough

Quote from TRUEX
I remember when Ross used teeth whitener in a episode of Friends.....

haha that was a funny episdoeemoticon
Enjoying life

03 May 2010 13:17
Mimi_C
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from Fleur_du_Mal
I saw this advertised on TV the other day, although I have no experience with it:

http://www.pearldrops.co.uk/instantwhite.php

It seems a bit safer than messing around with bleach, maybe?

don't use pearl drops! it ruined the enamel on my teeth now have to use sensodyne and nothing else.

03 May 2010 13:49
Serena
Model

We were talking about whitening teeth at the tv studio the other day. One girl said it - in the long term - makes one's teeth over-sensitive. I wouldn't touch anything that bleaches your teeth if I were you - you might regret it when you are older and can't eat ice cream!
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

04 May 2010 15:56
Lynniepants
Model

Right, i've been experimenting. Anyone considering using the pearl drops instant white thing... Don't. It just gives you slightly glittery teeth and chips constantly.
Pearl drops hollywood smile tooth polish is good. And i bought a set in boots that was on offer for £3 or £4 called total white. Comes with a special toothbrush and whitening toothpaste. Been using both of these and they're working wonders.
Whatever I've just posted... Felicity Fatale agrees with me.

ChelseaDoll is off-line
13 July 2010 07:21
chelseahowarth
Model
chelseahowarth
Lancashire
Manchester

oh i would also love to know what people use. i have lovely natural straight teeth, but they are slightly discoloured & you can really notice it on some pictures!

Tiffany-jayne is off-line
13 July 2010 07:39
Tiffanyjayne
Model
Tiffanyjayne
Nottinghamshire
nottingham

I use BlanX as im a smoker and tea addict, i only use it twice a week and the rest of the time i use sensodyne as too much bleaching makes them really sensative and takes the enamel off.

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
emmac89 Winterlilly
cliffc digitalphotos GlasgowPhotographer jamesboswell kai_kul mikehemmings PhotoSpyroS photostevo rscott360 skymouse soulc Steveh32 ttstinger TWO50 vapourtrail viewphotographic Willjamieson