Reminder Secure

Bodypainting …

This thread is being watched by 4 people
09 May 2010 09:25
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from RupertRudd
B & Q, water based emulsion test pots. Size 12 dresses and above - a 4 inch brush. Size 10 dresses and smaller use a 2 inch brush.

Rub down with a very fine glass paper first (Use 'OOO grade). For delicate skin use the other side of the glass paper.

Go for the matt, the silk finish has reflection and flare problems.

Sorry, just in from the Pub, Friday night is a bad time to ask this question.

(But I am planning a body painting shoot very soon).

Ha ha ha, Rupert!! You dont know HOW many people will actually take that seriously, and go out and do it! lol  There seems to be a run on B & Q bodypainting....I must try it some time..save me a FORTUNE!! emoticon

09 May 2010 09:30
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Oh and Lifescapes,  you may find this handy

http://www.facepaint-uk.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=59

Karen Hegarty is off-line
09 May 2010 10:30
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Quote from amethyst
Looking to try bodypainting for the first time and just wondered, I want to do the gold body paint, how many jars of powder would I need for a full body and how much mixing liquid ?

Hi there
for one body one jar of powder and one bottle of mixing fluid is sufficient, you will probably have loads left over. I would mix a little at a time as you use it. I used the mixing fluid for a silver staute painting project and found the fluid to be perfect, it dries quickly and gives a very metallic effect, I don't recall the photographer having any problems post production other than maybe the odd touch in where it had worn off. It did however need the odd touch up on a full day shooting but that I guess is expected and what the MUA is there for.  If I can help further let me know, feel free to pm . Some examples of the results we got below.  

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
09 May 2010 10:44
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

This is Kryolan Supracolor on a foundation base = good cover and a wide variety of metallics

Karen Hegarty is off-line
09 May 2010 10:51
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

whoops whilst trying to edit my post with images someone posted after me and I couldn't ... so here are the examples I mentioned

10 May 2010 04:05
amethyst
Photographer

Thats the kind of thing I'm looking at doing. A gold roman goddess statue. Thanks for the advice !
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
11 May 2010 19:06
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from amethyst
Thats the kind of thing I'm looking at doing. A gold roman goddess statue. Thanks for the advice !

There's gold leaf and a few other products in there too, you do need to experiment to get the results you want, I'd suggest, before going for the full body effect.

Ian Coyle is off-lineGold Member
18 May 2010 13:47
Mark_Time
Photographer
Mark_Time
Lothian
Livingston

Haven't personally used body paint or Liquid Latex but this site does look good http://www.liquidflesh.com/?gclid=CKO2wJqe3KECFQE8lAod-iKtKA
Im not racist. I hate everyone!

BodyPaintingbyCat.com is off-line
11 November 2010 10:46
Catscreations
Make-up Artist
Catscreations
Norfolk

I'm not keen on using latex as a bodypaint, it stinks, models & I hate the smell/ feel of it and theres the whole allergy issue.

There are MUCH better paints out there to be used as actual bodypaint.
in my order of pref:
Grimas
Paradise (by Mehron)
Kryolan Aquacolours (the supracolour mentioned above is the oil based version, much harder to get off/ dry)
Diamond FX
Snazaroo

For gold , silver, etc, go for mehron or Graftobian metalli powders and matching liquid.

In ALL cases, some colours may linger but it varies between models, tho its usually going to be greens or yellows that can do it.

None of them will go on well over oily or fake tanned skin, may react.

www.facepaint-uk.com do most

cat x
cats-creations.co.uk Professional Face & Body art, UK & Hong Kong

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Krystald pinklilly RedXXX Superhawk8 tanyacox
android_man antoinewynn claypaws cygnet djb1 GH46 gperl ianscales James7799 Ladiesman Leblanc222 Memnoch MIB philippahh PhilStorm redbaron Skystudio soulc stuartnoo Vapourtrail