Lifescapes is off-line
26 March 2010 17:04
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

[ moved ]

What sort of paint do you use and if it's specifically for bodypainting where do you get it from?
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
26 March 2010 17:11
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Charles Fox, Covent Garden (and online) -the water-based makeup is one of Kryolan Aquacolor, Fardel, Grimas, Fantasy etc - should all be hypoallergenic but you should still do a spot test on the model's skin.

26 March 2010 17:13
Nudey_Butt
Model

Quote from Lifescapes
What sort of paint do you use and if it's specifically for bodypainting where do you get it from?

you better do this with me Phil if you get into it when we shoot emoticon
What is a Butt that is not your Butt, but we are al Butt's in this buttiness Butt....but.....

Garth is off-line
26 March 2010 17:18
garth01
Photographer
garth01
Cheshire
chester

I used a gold bodypaint from a company called mehron,cant remember the online store I ordered it from but Im sure a quick search will do the job,it comes in a small jar and it mixes with a liquid 'thinner'in order to apply it.I dont know specifically what you have in mind but you could also try kids paint if its just a case of creating something colourful.
www.garethhickey.co.uk

Lifescapes is off-line
26 March 2010 17:23
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Quote from cziiki
Charles Fox, Covent Garden (and online) -the water-based makeup is one of Kryolan Aquacolor, Fardel, Grimas, Fantasy etc - should all be hypoallergenic but you should still do a spot test on the model's skin.

Cheers, that's useful - although the site is 'being re-developed' but contact details are there.

Miss Butt - happy to, but need to get some practice in first.
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

Lifescapes is off-line
26 March 2010 17:27
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Quote from garth01
I used a gold bodypaint from a company called mehron,cant remember the online store I ordered it from but Im sure a quick search will do the job,it comes in a small jar and it mixes with a liquid 'thinner'in order to apply it.I dont know specifically what you have in mind but you could also try kids paint if its just a case of creating something colourful.

Thanks Garth

They've got a whole bodypainting section on their site - very useful

26 March 2010 17:28
Nudey_Butt
Model

Quote from Lifescapes

Miss Butt - happy to, but need to get some practice in first.

fabulous! Practice makes perfect emoticon
What is a Butt that is not your Butt, but we are al Butt's in this buttiness Butt....but.....

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
26 March 2010 17:34
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

I use "Grimas" but a word of warning, don't use on a model wearing fake tan, it is designed to go on the skin, fake tan forms a barrier and the model has a tough time trying to wash it off after the shoot. My apologies again to the two models that went home looking like pandas! lol! emoticon
When going through Hell don't stop!

Rupert Rudd is off-line
26 March 2010 17:39
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

B & Q, water based emulsion test pots. Size 12 dresses and above - a 4 inch brush. Size 10 dresses and smaller use a 2 inch brush.

Rub down with a very fine glass paper first (Use 'OOO grade). For delicate skin use the other side of the glass paper.

Go for the matt, the silk finish has reflection and flare problems.

Sorry, just in from the Pub, Friday night is a bad time to ask this question.

(But I am planning a body painting shoot very soon).
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

Portfolios4U is off-linePlatinum Member
26 March 2010 17:44
Gordon
Photographer
Gordon
Conwy
Abergele

Have a look at http://www.snazaroo.com/ I have been using it for a few years now, I find that baby wipes are the best thing to remove the paint and what makes it better is very few model find this will affect there skin, other makes often do affect skin , I know this for a fact as I tried some on my skin and came out with a big red blob. One tip if you want to use a stencil I use they type you get from good decorating suppliers which are designed to go on walls.
The King of fancy dress

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AndyGStudios RoninUK