Reminder Secure

My make up bag has finally had it, bless him....

Claire Shipman is off-line
22 March 2010 06:59
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Hi Everyone, hope your all well and busy busy busy

My bag is busted emoticon its lasted me a long time, I'll be sad to see it go!!! I need some good recommendations for a new bag not too expensive please.

This is my old bag I would like something similar I think but with more compartments, I don't want heavy metal cases, some of these ungentlemanly photographers hardly ever help me with my suit case up there 12 flights of studio stairs lol

I have make up in one side and hair in the other, as you can see I love orginisation I like to know where everything is, feel free to post your OCD kit orginastion I love to see how we all cram it in, there literally is everything in my case (This is my narrowed down version)

Im in love with this one currently, but does it justify the money, I would need both of these, they sit on top of each other:

http://yazmo.com/prosoftsidedcarryoncosmeticcasewtraysts-99.aspx

http://yazmo.com/prosoftsidedcarryoncosmeticcasewtraysts-99.aspx

http://yazmo.com/prosoftsidedfabriccosmeticcasesetts-101.aspx

Thanks everyone

Claire emoticon

Beverley Summerhill is off-lineSilver Member
22 March 2010 07:15
nuttytart81
Model
nuttytart81
North Yorkshire
Middlesbrough

i have the same style bag in pink, got it from T J Huges for £18 they also do them in Argos

22 March 2010 07:22
Lindsay_Furze
Model

Hey,

Oh dear, I used to work in a suitcase shop so Im a bit of a geek when it comes to this...

I think the links are the better option to a suitcase because you have loads more compartments available. Very few suitcases are designed with compartments because of the airports reducing the size of cases and compartments take up space.

If you are sticking to the suitcase idea instead of a special makeup case, the "I.t" cases are one of the best going at the moment so the case you had was a good choice. The design is focused on lightness and space saving, so if you compare it to other cases on how many litres it can hold its a good choice for an MUA.

However instead of going for the fabric one I would have gone for a polycarbonate version. Polycarbonate is basically un-recycled plastic, Its stronger and the bonds have not been weakened by recycling ( most other brands use recycled plastic). With polycarbonate if it is damaged or bent, you can heat it up with a hair dryer and it will return back to shape, as well as this any scratches on a polycarbonate copy can be removed by rubbing it with an eraser (normal plastic cant).
However the polycarbonate IT case has exactly the same internal compartments as the fabric version so It depends on how interested you are in having the extra compartments.

Bags etc is a good shop for IT cases.

Lindsay
A person is measured by the people they surround them selves with <3

22 March 2010 13:01
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Thanks for the info. I chose my above bag because it was so light, simply because with all the make up in it becomes far to heavy to carry around with me hence why I opt out of heavy metal train cases.

Your info is very useful I've been looking for something more sturdy and easily cleanable, im always spilling things on it so the poly seems like a good option. Is there a bag etc in Nottingham?

22 March 2010 13:10
Lindsay_Furze
Model

Yeah, there is a bags etc in Nottingham, Its in the broadmarsh centre, next to dorothy perkins and the esculators. Thats where i used to work . Staff can look a bit grumpy but they usually know there stuff if you ask them.

They also do the polycarbonate with four wheels like the one you have. If you look at the labels all of the cases have a litre capacity system in there. Usually even if one looks bigger it may hold less, so its worth a check on the label. They also have scales behind the till if you want to properly compare weights.

Good luck which ever you choose.
Lindsay
A person is measured by the people they surround them selves with <3

22 March 2010 13:15
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Oh yes I know where that is, forgot all about that. You should be on commission

Thanks for your help. I have decided against the one I linked to simply because if I tip it on its side and put it in my car my stuff will fall everywhere in those drawers seems practical for working but not for traveling I need something that will protect my pallets.

Thanks for your help

Pyretta Blaze is off-line
22 March 2010 15:51
PyrettaBlaze
Model
PyrettaBlaze
Swansea
Swansea

I hope you give it a good funeral. Good bye old friend, you served us all well
I'm not an artist, I'm a work of art.

22 March 2010 16:11
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from PyrettaBlaze
I hope you give it a good funeral. Good bye old friend, you served us all well

I shall sing it a little song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4hsC0nRvZM

Pyretta Blaze is off-line
22 March 2010 17:21
PyrettaBlaze
Model
PyrettaBlaze
Swansea
Swansea

LOL!
I'm not an artist, I'm a work of art.

28 March 2010 20:10
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Iv just had an amazing one off ebay at the bargain price of £70 BUT it is metal..with LOADS of draws in the bottom and a pull out split level tray either side. Very roomy and yes you're quite right, it is weighty when its got all my kit in. BUT, do as i do, if the photographer doesn't offer, I just flutter my eyelashes and put on my best damsel in distress expression and ask him to help...it usually works. Either that or iv just had the pleasure of working with great photographers..ha ha

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ChloeDevine pinklilly
Blancho iestyn Photojoe670 photostevo redtail sammylhel shadowtime74 siclews spiritofwales supernova Willjamieson