Reminder Secure

How long to complete?

17 March 2010 12:30
jdtate101
Photographer

I'm planning a dance shoot where the main ballet dancer will be made up to be the ice queen. This will be done with fake snow and in a studio. The look I'm going for is cold and stark (some examples from web searches below). Can the experienced MUA's here give a rough time to complete Hair and makeup for this type of look, as I need to know how much studio time needs booking (as well as costs)

Thx

James

www.jamestatephotography.co.uk www.vimeo.com/jdtate101

Claire Shipman is off-line
17 March 2010 18:26
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

It will vary depending on how experienced the mua is to be honest, I could do hair and make up in an hour but just to be safe I would allow 2

Karen Hegarty is off-line
19 March 2010 06:36
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

It also depends on how elaborate the hair styling and make up is, as some of the images you put up were more complex than others, I would allow myself and hour and half to 2 hours to be on safe side if it is something you want to be perfect, if it is for stage performanace sometimes the make up doesn't need to be finely blended etc so you may be able to be quicker, as Claire rightly says depends on how experienced you are and how quickly you can work. Good luck with the project

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
19 March 2010 07:13
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

I would estimate 90 mins..

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Michelle MacGregor is off-line
21 March 2010 07:52
ProMakeupMichelle
Make-up Artist
ProMakeupMichelle
London

yes about 1.5hr
2hr for make-up & hair
(however if the MUA/Hair stylist is experienced should be quicker)
eg I think 1hr 15mins for make-up & hair if I was creating a look like this.
but If I had 1.5 - 2hrs I could perfect & blend my make up to perfection hehehehe

A make-up artist/hair stylist should ideally plan & design the make-up/hair befiore hand especially for something with a particular brief like this, this should cut down the time of the make-up application.

Hope that helps

Michelle MacGregor - Creator & Head Make-up Artist - www.glamitwithmac.com

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
toniallcorn
andyritchie aprilscherz3 FirstLifePhotography Fluffypup George99 martinchristie minolta photofrank