Reminder Secure

False natural eyelashes for Bridal Make-up?

Sarah Astbury is off-line
12 March 2010 17:34
Makeup_Picasso
Make-up Artist
Makeup_Picasso
Greater Manchester
Nr Wigan, Lancashire/Manchester

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could please give me some advice on what brand and style of natural full eyelashes to use for Bridal make-up, as an alternative to individual ones because I find them very time consuming?  I have been looking for some that are natural looking, comfortable and high quailty.

Any advice is very much appreciated,

Many thanks for your time,

Sarah

Jaymii is off-line
12 March 2010 17:35
Jaymii
Model
Jaymii
Lancashire
Manchester

The Girls aloud ones are really good,
Nicolas are the most natural looking and they are very light so you can put as much or as little mascara on them as suits xx

Claire Shipman is off-line
13 March 2010 04:04
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Cheaper eyelashes do just as good job, the Girls aloud ones are awful imho, unnatural and very fake looking you cant even see your eyes when you have them on and they are expensive lol.

Invest in some good quality glue like Duo (in black) its waterproof and the lashes wont budge.

Mr Mascara lashes are nice from Boots and you get some mini tweezers to apply with very useful to keep in your kit for fiddly eyelash application.

This site do natural hair eyelashes for £2.00 you have to keep your costs down in this business after all: http://www.eyelashesdirect.co.uk/product_all/20/1.html

If you look at my main picture the model has cheapy natural false eyelashes on... its all in the glue and application

Karen Hegarty is off-line
13 March 2010 07:19
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I agree the girls aloud ones are awful, and not worth the money, and definitely NOT natural looking!
I use a lot of lashes form Salon services ( formerly "sally's" ) they have some lovely natural looking ones and are easy to apply. They also have some dramactic ones too for more obvious looking eyelashes. They often have offers on "buy 2 get one free" so I take advantage of those and stock up. They cost around £2.50 /£3.00 for the more natural ones. A bit more for the dramatic ones. You can either go in salon services stores or buy online, and you can get trade cards for discounts, if you want more info pm me.
Also agree with Claire about getting a good glue too. Also practise a few times it gets easier the more you do it.

Jaymii is off-line
13 March 2010 07:49
Jaymii
Model
Jaymii
Lancashire
Manchester

Sorry
I thought the nicola ones where lovely when I used them and thought they where pretty cheap too =(

Ignore me listen to the two other pros lol xx

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
13 March 2010 08:01
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

Quote from ClaireShipman
. Invest in some good quality glue like Duo (in black) its waterproof and the lashes wont budge.

Is this the trick for false lashes and crying brides?  I usually recommend they avoid false lashes as they usually fall of or come unstuck.

Si

In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Sarah Astbury is off-line
13 March 2010 11:50
Makeup_Picasso
Make-up Artist
Makeup_Picasso
Greater Manchester
Nr Wigan, Lancashire/Manchester

Thanks guys, really helpful info...

Cheers Claire, that website looks great I think might even put an order in now. I have the Duo Clear glue but will try getting the black one next time as I'm running out anyway.

Simplydivine I will also have a look in Sally's for them, the sally's near me isn't that big and don't think they have a lot of stock so will take a look online too but thank you I never thought of looking there.

Jaymii I had a look at Nicola's lashes and think they will be good for a fashion photo shoot, I've never really looked at them properly but keep hearing that everyone loves them. It won't hurt to give them a try so thanks for the advice.

Thanks again,

Amy Ward is off-line
13 March 2010 11:56
amyward89
Make-up Artist

South Yorkshire

I have bought eyelashes from ebay from hong kong and they are fab! if you put false eyelashes in ebay search lots will come up! i have big bushy black ones and natural ones, they were 10 pairs for about 3 pound. They are probably the ones that they sell in the uk but under a brand name.

Hope this helps too!

Jaymii is off-line
13 March 2010 12:03
Jaymii
Model
Jaymii
Lancashire
Manchester

No Problem hope you get your desired looks =) x

Vikki is off-line
13 March 2010 12:11
vikki_gabrielle
Model
vikki_gabrielle
West Yorkshire
Huddersfield/West Yorks/Sheffield/Manchester (Travel nationwide)

my biggest bargain is getting 40pairs from a seller in hong kong on ebay they were like 99p and £2-£3 for postage and shipping etc

Theres 4 diff sets with 10 lashes in each ranging from natural to more fuller darker ones

x
''Don't limit yourself to the expectations of others who have never been where you wanna go'' TWITTER me www.twitter.com/vikki_model and facebook www.facebook.com/vikkiholt89

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura heather94 Kayleigh94 Littlemiss01 lynnesel Michelledefeo1
Blancho cliffc Creativedge digitizer djb1 eosfan freddie ImageStyle kinofist LGI markeos50d MIB mike0048 mlp mrdl nige_nw panda49 Photogenic2 redbaron Snooper911 stevegosh Steveh32 supaglam Willy_O