Brushes

Sophia Fox-Bonus is off-line
12 March 2010 17:37
FoxyBMakeup
Make-up Artist

Nottinghamshire
Newark-on-trent

Hi,
 Have been looking at my collection of brushes and am thinking I need to add to them. Does anyone have a particular brand or style of brush that they would reccomend?
Also I have bever been taught how to use a fan brush, I see them in every brush set available and have never known how to use them properly and for what kind of look they are used for. I know this may sound really stupid, but its just something that Ive never used before.
Thanks
Sophia

Claire Shipman is off-line
13 March 2010 05:25
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Hi Sophia,

I really love to use my fan brush for shading in the cheekbones & jawline. There are not set rules for how to use your brushes, you use them to create the look in which ever way you feel comfortable.

You can also use a fanbrush to brush away fall out from under the eyes or if you powder to catch fall out then it can be used to dust and blend the powder away.

I love Nars brushes and smashbox but they are expensive but well worth it if you look after them properly. I have a website I use for good quality brushes at amazing prices I will PM you with it.

Hope this helps
Claire x

14 March 2010 19:05
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

I totally agree....I have a beautiful set of Smashbox brushes which i treat like babies cuz i love them!!!!! lol

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bane711 Blancho George99 iestyn photofrank Platidonio sammylhel siclews Steveh32 viewphotographic