Reminder Secure

I need to attach rose petals to a model for several hours - what do I use???

This thread is being watched by 1 person
18 February 2010 14:58
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from jetbrown
Thanks for your advice folks. Because of extremely limited time, I went for the easy option of eyelash glue - unfortunately that was just quickly absorbed by the petals, so then we went for the backup plan of the double sided tape. That worked fairly well, with just a few minor embarrassing drop offs. Eventually model number two came armed with spray adhesive and unbelievably that worked best - the only side effect was the glue remaining after several baths - lol

SPRAY ADHESIVE???????????????? emoticonDoes the model have the skin of a rhino???? Do people STILL not realise that skin is a living organ not a piece of canvas.

I sigh in frustration!!! emoticon

Michael Dainty is off-line
18 February 2010 15:12
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Photographer
Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Merseyside
Liverpool

It they are silk petals you could sew them on with some invisible nylon thread. If they are plastic petals you could try melting them on with a soldering iron.emoticon
Mike.

Claire Shipman is off-line
18 February 2010 17:57
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
It they are silk petals you could sew them on with some invisible nylon thread. If they are plastic petals you could try melting them on with a soldering iron.emoticon
Mike.

Well I wouldnt put this past some of the people who have suggested in this thread lol emoticon

18 February 2010 19:28
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from Mike_Dainty_ARTIST
Mike.

emoticonemoticon

Lysander is off-lineSilver Member
19 February 2010 01:13
Lysander
Photographer
Lysander
West Midlands
Wolverhampton

If genetic researchers can breed mice with an implanted jellyfish gene so that they glow under fluorescent light, then why not take the research just a little bit furtheremoticonemoticon

Dr. F. Enstein.   Wolverhampton Institute of Unethical Research.
"I would rather be Schroedinger's Cat than one of Pavlov's Dogs."

Karen Hegarty is off-line
19 February 2010 05:05
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

You just can't help some people Gaynor lol
Claire LOOOOVVVVVEEEE your new avatar pic great work hun !!

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Dadshouse12 Kathmoore1 paige_hendrix pinklilly
Add_barkaway Andy_B ansonphotography B_W canonman5D cliffc Daveinsurrey djb1 ElegantCaptures ellessephotography exfree freddie gkeesuk GlasgowPhotographer JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices Musicman Nash Njsphotography pierre psn stevegosh timshawphotography TonyNutley wtphotos
Charlottealom