Sammyj is off-line
28 January 2010 12:22
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Hi all

I replied to a casting the other day, asking if this was actually a paid casting or if they wanted it all for free, which i am getting seriously tired of.

His response  was that it was actually an audition to play the part of a hairdresser basically explaining a cut while performing it.

My response to him was NO sorry i hate being in front of the camera but i would be available for make up on whomever you find to do it.

He then mailed me to tell me that i had no skills or positive attitude and would be totaly wrong for this work.
Is it me or did he try to make me feel bad because i said no or is it because i mentioned  MONEY,emoticon  i still did not get an answer about the pay
Is anyone else feeling a bit abused

emoticonthis is his quote below

Thanks for your interest. However, you are not suitable for this project.

We prefer to work with people that can demonstrate a positive attitude to the work and who can demonstrate the high skill level required.

I am afraid you don't meet either of these requirements
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

Clyde Armitage is off-line
28 January 2010 12:42
clyde
Photographer

London

Wow what a right plonker and no way to respond to a prospective person to work with. I have a feeling this person is either a total unprofessional person or just someone who hadnt a clue what he wanted. bet he gets little cooperation from even his mates if he treats people that way.
hope he's kicking himself at turning u down, and no one should be asked to to what they rightly dont want to. I pity his models

Sammyj is off-line
28 January 2010 12:50
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

So i didn't just take that badly that was delivered badly, after i got that mail i told him not to be a bitch about it would not usually use words like that in my professional career but that was just mean.
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

Clyde Armitage is off-line
28 January 2010 12:58
clyde
Photographer

London

with his attitude i doubt he gets much work as people have feelings and this should be of paramount importance. The moderators may frown on his attitude. Go on snitch on him, may save others tears in the future.

eymc275 is off-line
28 January 2010 13:19
eymc275
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
eymc275
Hertfordshire
Hemel Hempstead, Huddersfield, Manchester, London

Sorry to see you have encountered such a photographer. Unfortunately it appears that this industry is full of people with fragile egos and being needlessly rude or blunt is, shamefully, too prevalent. There are ways to be honest without having to be rude, cruel or nasty.

I cannot speak for anyone else but for myself, I do try to politely clarify what kind of compensation is being offered or requested. If I have paid work to offer, I either specify my budget or ask for rates. If it's TF, then it has to be beneficial to all parties so I would not take offence if it was declined - or hope I don't cause offence when I decline (all too frequently).

To me professionalism is not just on set, it's also extends to off set conduct and communications.
Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.

29 January 2010 12:53
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Unexceptable in every way!! That guy needs a lesson in manners!...Delusions of Grandeur!!!!

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Jamie32E ladyviper01 Littlemiss01 rob452 tanyacox
andrewk carshaltonkev Curve eosfan gshocker30 Images1854 ImageStyle lenspoynter LGI MIB mike0048 mrdl Phoenixpics Robinsky robski rscott360 Sp_digital Spiritofwales stevegosh Steveh32 theroundpeg TinDolls tonyg viewphotographic Willjamieson