Sammyj is off-line
28 January 2010 13:08
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

Why dont you think about it like this

The going daily rate for a professional freelance make up artist is between £198 for a juniour make up artist & £500+ the latter is usually for top Make up artists or creative direcors at say, london Fashion week.

From this everyone make their prices, they can depend on time spent working/products used/experience of Artist or pricing each job on its own merits & taking different factors into consideration. My prices are clearly stated on my website as i also focus on the Bridal industry.

I hope this helps a littleemoticon

Samantha
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

01 February 2010 06:20
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

http://www.purestorm.com/view-casting-call.aspx?id=8250

Is it me????

01 February 2010 06:21
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Sorry i cant make it clickable...its my pc

02 February 2010 04:03
MarkG
Photographer

Quote from lashestolockes
Why dont you think about it like this

The going daily rate for a professional freelance make up artist is between £198 for a juniour make up artist & £500+ the latter is usually for top Make up artists or creative direcors at say, london Fashion week.

From this everyone make their prices, they can depend on time spent working/products used/experience of Artist or pricing each job on its own merits & taking different factors into consideration. My prices are clearly stated on my website as i also focus on the Bridal industry.

I hope this helps a littleemoticon

Samantha

So if I'm looking for an MUA for beauty headshots, two looks, is that £160 plus travelling expenses? ie 2 * £80 (look-alike hair and makeup).

Thanks...Mark
theBeautyOfLight.com

CGW is off-line
05 February 2010 13:20
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Thought I'd better come back and say thanks for all the explanations, it's appreciated.
emoticon

Colin

Victoria MUA is off-line
22 February 2010 18:05
Viktoriya
Make-up Artist
Viktoriya
Cork

Quote from barone
"A question on MUA rates" As with anything contact the MUA of your choice & ask them & they will send you their rates & explain what you get for the money.. MUA's are worth their weight in gold...so make sure you get a short slim one & not too soon after christmas...

Nice to hear a constructive and experienced opinion from a professional!
Victoria MUA

22 February 2010 18:09
jesi
Make-up Artist

Quote from Secondskin
Jesi,thats a good rate. Its possible that you are undercharging as your images are very good Its difficult to know what rates to charge as when you are freelance and move around the country, Each area has different ideas of what is acceptable. I know that when i do a job in London, my rate is much much higher. I was advised by someone that i worked for that my rate was fine for the North, but down South i was under charging and was risking my rep as an MUA (You get what you pay for syndrome!!) So i think its all about negotiation with your client. Each assignment is different and you negotiate so that all parties are happy??

Thank you, and that's a very interesting point regarding location etc.

Victoria MUA is off-line
22 February 2010 18:40
Viktoriya
Make-up Artist
Viktoriya
Cork

http://www.bectu.org.uk/advice-resources/library/416

These are the official recommended rates. In the fashion world prices are higher.
Victoria MUA

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
REDXXX tomdowie
andyf antoinewynn bengie bninja ChrisD djb1 Dphphotography eosfan Essexjohn Flyingphotographer guitarman jamstephto Ladiesman markeewould martinchristie MauricesImagery MIB mlp nemesis pose4me powerbook92 Steveh32