Reminder Secure

TF with Iveta?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
15 January 2010 12:35
SoloPromotions
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Any MUA's out there want to collaborate skills?

[ date removed - use the Casting Calls ]

PM me if interested.
Mr Solo

15 January 2010 13:45
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

You may find it better if you post this in 'Castings' as nobody posts here anymore

20 January 2010 05:59
SoloPromotions
Photographer

Having posted in the casting section*, I did have 1 or 2 possibilities but nobody near enough.
The time is likely to be [removed] for an hour or so.

This model is stunning and a must for anyones portfolio.

*Comment : In future if your advert in the Casting Calls fails DO NOT re-post in the forums.
Are you aware that Upgrading increases your PM allowance thereby letting you contact more MUAs.
Mr Solo

Claire Shipman is off-line
20 January 2010 07:33
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from SoloPromotions
Having posted in the casting section, I did have 1 or 2 possibilities but nobody near enough.
The time is likely to be 3pm for an hour or so.

This model is stunning and a must for anyones portfolio.

Hi

No offence intended but the images in your portfolio show nothing suitable for a make up artists portfolio. Perhaps try showing some work that may benefit an mua doing TF* with you.

Cheers
Claire

20 January 2010 13:24
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

I think maybe you should consider 'paying' a pro?? As then you will get what you want and an MUA is there to do a job not receive images important to her/his portfolio as i agree with Claire.... No disrespect but if your'e an agency surely you realise that?

20 January 2010 16:42
SoloPromotions
Photographer

I am allowing use of my studio at no cost, my time at no cost to have the opportunity to work with this model who is rarely in this area.
For this they get to add to their folio, at no cost.

Did you realise that?

Who is it costing more, I'd probably say  that is a fair assumption for a mutual benefit.

as for work in my PS folio, since the re-shuffle of my images, I actually took down the MUA Geisha images, felt it was time for a change.
Mr Solo

20 January 2010 16:56
kruse
Photographer

Quote from SoloPromotions
I am allowing use of my studio at no cost, my time at no cost to have the opportunity to work with this model who is rarely in this area.
For this they get to add to their folio, at no cost.

Did you realise that?

Who is it costing more, I'd probably say  that is a fair assumption for a mutual benefit.

as for work in my PS folio, since the re-shuffle of my images, I actually took down the MUA Geisha images, felt it was time for a change.

My guess is you are paying Iveta though.

Whilst she is a great model working with her without having pictures at the end of it to put in a MUAs port makes the whole thing pretty limp for a MUA as there is nothing in your portfolio to suggest that the MUA will get the very specific sort of image they require to promote their skill set.

Jeremy

Needs a new signature now Phyllis has gone

Misty is off-line
20 January 2010 18:03
misty_model
Model
misty_model
Merseyside
Wirral

And I doubt with an attitude like that many mua's would jump at the chance to work tf with you either.....
Although YOU many be desperate enough to work with a particular model, that you're willing to work at cost to yourself, have you considered that maybe the mua isn't?
Since you didn't get the response you wanted from your casting, the question should have been answered for you....
UK wide petite, flexible, professional dancer/model working to nude levels

Karen Hegarty is off-line
20 January 2010 18:16
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Quote from misty_model
And I doubt with an attitude like that many mua's would jump at the chance to work tf with you either..... Although YOU many be desperate enough to work with a particular model, that you're willing to work at cost to yourself, have you considered that maybe the mua isn't? Since you didn't get the response you wanted from your casting, the question should have been answered for you....

You would think wouldn't you ????  seems since he didn't get the response he thought he would come in this forum and slate MUA's instead lol  great way to build a report that.
I also agree with Jeremy, I would think that Iveta is getting paid and there is no guarantee from work shown here that an MUA will get good images to make it worth their while

20 January 2010 20:18
SoloPromotions
Photographer

You only have to view her images or website to see what benefits are feasible.
As for 'guessing', that is a presumption, never presume as you don't know the facts, which is my business and the models.
The studio I am using has her booked up well before I get any time with her, so it isn't desperation at all, having worked with her before, anyone in a similar situation would most certainly want to a second time. I fail to see how good images cannot be acquired.
I also fail to see how I have 'slated' anyone?
If you don't want to be of use, then don't, this post was for an opportunity, not for the vultures to circle and pick an arguement.
Mr Solo

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs Cody missminiskirt Vickiej
abouncer Add_barkaway antoinewynn Chadite Cheshunt83 cliffc Don_Dark James7799 johntisbury Kjoservices Ladiesman mamamiya mghphoto MIB natkins NigelAdams Nunude Photojames43 redwrenstudios Scotography Studio4 thelook Thunder_Photos whitepython