This thread is being watched by 2 people
alexkidd is off-line
14 January 2010 13:55
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

Ok i'm on the fence when it comes to mua's i know that there are good ones and there seems to be a lot of backlash against models doing this themselves or unqualifieds doing it

as a showcase of some variety and out of personal curiosity i'd like to see your best single image/makeup (as not to have too many images on thread) but....preferably not in the face painting/elaborate drawing on face style? more in the style of something someone would be proud to be seen wearing out?

also possibly to your benefit a brief rundown of what's gone into it that might set you apart from the norm...i.e techique/particularly complicated bit that we as non mua's don't understand emoticon

please don't take this thread in a bad way as i've tried to be as "purestorm correct" about it as possible and i'm not after stirring anything up emoticon
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

KT101 is off-line
14 January 2010 14:44
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Hertfordshire
Borehamwood

This sort of thing?
What do I know about photography..... I'm a mechanic/milkman/driver/dogsbody. etc. etc. etc.

alexkidd is off-line
14 January 2010 15:07
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

yeah that'd be the sort of image
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

14 January 2010 15:10
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

I may be wrong here but you seem to be asking us to EXPLAIN ourselves as to why an MUA is any better than an unqualified (as you put it) or model doing their own makeup??? (Can i just add, i have absolutely NO issues with models doing their own makeup...to have a problem with that would be ridiculous!!)

No disrespect but what is the ACTUAL point of your thread?   Do you just want a collection of images to point out the good and bad? emoticon

KT101 is off-line
14 January 2010 15:40
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Hertfordshire
Borehamwood

This is the reason I don't mind models doing their own makeup.

Simply stunning.

What do I know about photography..... I'm a mechanic/milkman/driver/dogsbody. etc. etc. etc.

G is off-line
14 January 2010 16:00
imageaware
Photographer
imageaware
Hertfordshire

Quote from kt101
This is the reason I don't mind models doing their own makeup.

Simply stunning.

Really? 

G.

14 January 2010 16:01
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

A little overdone with the foundation/blusher for what APPEARS to be a natural based shoot? and also the lipstick is bleeding slightly, but thats just my opinion. Eyes look nice though

KT101 is off-line
14 January 2010 16:32
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Hertfordshire
Borehamwood

Quote from imageaware
Really? 

G.

I gather you do not agree that she is stuning then?

I personally thought she did pretty well considering it was done on site.

alexkidd is off-line
14 January 2010 16:52
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

i suppose part of the point of the thread is for the mua's to show off and prove themselves as there are numerous threads about people going elsewhere and generally "why aren't people using/paying for mua's"

really i'm not even wanting to show the good and the bad, i'm asking people to show their best, i thought i'd outlined the purpose of this in my initial post

you're correct i'm asking you to explain yourselves because i don't know anything about make up stuff and a lot of other probably don't also.

part of selling yourself surely is to educate people on the benefits of using you

as has happened in another thread i'm not sure why you're writing some things in capitals, i along with most others are capable of reading lowercase

hope that answers your questions second skin

G is off-line
14 January 2010 16:52
imageaware
Photographer
imageaware
Hertfordshire

Quote from kt101
I gather you do not agree that she is stuning then?

I personally thought she did pretty well considering it was done on site.

Actually she is lovely,  but the theme of this thread deals with the issue of models doing their own make-up,  instead of a MUA.

In that respect, the make-up is not as good as a MUA would have achieved. The tones are inconsistent and look 'muddy' in places...or maybe it's my monitor!

Either way, a well  trained MUA is a God-send on a shoot.

G.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Charlotte90 chosin jensomerfield scarlettfoxett
adamjt7 basil Blancho clarmike Creativedge Daddylonglense Davetse digitizer gazzer59 iestyn James7799 jonnywoo keltica magpie1 mg mrdl oro Platidonio Puremoods redbaron Rhadamanthus Rscott360 Snooper911 stevegosh Thunder_Photos TinDolls wacTony