Reminder Secure

What percentage of MUA are full time proffessionals on this site...

Victoria Howard is off-line
05 January 2010 09:20
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

What percentage of MUA s on this site, are full time insured qualified professionals on this site?

How does this compare with models and photographers?

I was just wondering....

Moderator Comment : Due to H&S and DoC requirements these days Purestorm only approves MUA applications
from those who attest they are trading as qualified (diploma/ degree) MUAs or on recognised Further Education course.
We do not accept applications from those with just beautician, hair sylist, nail technician or hair extension certificates.

Karen Hegarty is off-line
06 January 2010 08:03
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Victoria, this is my full time profession although I don't know how this would compare to modles and togs

Marcello Pozzetti is off-line
06 January 2010 08:14
MarcelloPozzetti
Photographer
MarcelloPozzetti
Norfolk
Norwich

It is a very difficult answer because of the huge number of members which is difficult to cense.  In my personal modest guess, I think the % of professional MUA's on here is bigger than the % of professional models and  photographers although their number in absolute is smaller.This assumptions goes back to the fact that the few times in the past I tried to make a a team for some TF project, I actually never managed to raise MUA on a TF basis and those who applied were all declared fully potential unwilling to do TF.I  have instead met a large % of amateur-semi pro models.
I was always very impressed by the skill level of the MUA used. 

This is only my personal opinion so feel free to differRegardsM
......""""Don't worry over what other people are thinking about you. They're too busy worrying over what you are thinking about them. """ ....

Lindsay Sian Snuggs is off-line
06 January 2010 08:19
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

Full time, insured & qualified x
Portfolio: www.lindsaysiansnuggs.carbonmade.com

Paul Cox is off-line
06 January 2010 08:35
paulcoxphotography
Photographer
paulcoxphotography
Greater Manchester

Quote from Victoria_Howard
What percentage of MUA s on this site, are full time insured qualified professionals on this site?

How does this compare with models and photographers?

I was just wondering....

By full time do you mean those who derive the majority of their income from doing photographic makeup such that, after tax, they make a profit equal to or above the minimum wage?  Or are you including those who suplement their income working on make-up counters, beauty salons etc?  If the former I suggest the number would be quite low just as it is for models and photographers.

06 January 2010 09:00
majk
Photographer

A quick look at the "status" of UK mua's on here says that;

13.9% (55) amateaurs
23.7% (94) semi-pro
62.4% (247) professionals

Then again, that's not likely too be accurate as a we all know that not all members are very honest with their and/or don't really understand what they mean. And as Paul says, it depends on how you define a full time professional.
What's on your mind, if you will allow the overstatement?

06 January 2010 12:19
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Fully qualified and insured!!!

squodge photography is off-line
08 January 2010 16:19
squodge
Photographer
squodge
London
London

I'm an amateur MUA on here, and I applied for my MUA account with proper documentation too. I'm insured as well, weirdly, but I don't make money from it. And in fact I've not doing a makeover for a very long time since starting. Life just got in the way!

~ squodge ~
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who do not.

Claire Shipman is off-line
08 January 2010 16:22
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from Secondskin
Fully qualified and insured!!!

+1 emoticon

and work full time as a photographic and bridal artist.

The UberGirl make up Artist :p  is off-line
10 January 2010 18:07
angelmakeupartistry
Make-up Artist

Glasgow
glasgow

i'm near enough fulltime employment, between 25 and 35 hours a week, most of ir in a makeover studio x

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray Dionne_94 Katieann1 sarahlou73
AndyGStudios aprilscherz3 BOBREEVES cliffc Creativedge eosfan extra_mayo Fashionphotography freddie guitarman gwentman hopps jackblack1 Ladiesman Mattcairns MIB peterh Reynard Steveh32 Steveharratt swalsh58 xsa73