Reminder Secure

Hmmmmmmmmmm

This thread is being watched by 1 person
04 January 2010 16:08
Nick_Giles
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Quote from Secondskin
If we stop posting about these castings, then we will eventually lose the battle!! 

My heart goes out to you.

History is scattered with 'The Few' willing to carry on 'the battle' against the odds ............ I salute you and she a tear for your cause.

Nick

" The Almighty in his infinite wisdom did not see fit to create frenchmen in the image of Englishmen." :- Sir Winston Churchill.

04 January 2010 16:09
_Aimee_
Model

Sorry Bob, but I think the average cost of a model's make-up kit compared to that of a pro MUA is about 1/50!!! There is no way a MUA would be able to get the same effect with the contents of an average make-up bag!!

Paul Cox is off-line
04 January 2010 16:27
paulcoxphotography
Photographer
paulcoxphotography
Greater Manchester

Have you tried searching only paid make-up artist castings?

04 January 2010 16:39
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from Bob
Because it's the internet and many think everything is for free. On the other hand, why should MUAs think they shouldn't be expected to work for free in a world where models seem to not only think that photographers do not deserve to be paid, but also that photographers should pay models?

Regarding the cost of materials, as most models seem to carry at least a stick or two of lippy and a tub of pollyfilla could the MUA not use that instead so that model and MUA were effectively just trading time rather than the MUA having to shell out on make-up too. after all, the model does not give the make-up back at the end of the shoot so she's gaining even more in exchange for her time.

Bob emoticon

PS Does using ridiculously priced imports and big name high value products really make that much of a difference - or are MUAs like those photographers who think that having the highest priced equipment is much more important than having natural skill and ability to use any equipment to hand?

Hi Bob

Im glad you asked that. As i recently said to a lovely model i was working with i am not a kit snob!! I have all sorts of makeup in my kit. I rarely use MAC which seems to be the IN makeup to have. My words to her were 'what is the point of having top priced makeup if you cant put it on properly?' But my point is this....with bodypainting there are paints/makeup that you cannot get from UK suppliers so you have NO choice but to pay through the nose. Also there are makeups that really really DO make a difference to the model. Some cheaper high street makeups just wont cut it!!  And in my experience some models wont even consider having cheap high street makeup on their face so we as MUAs cant take that risk as we lose clients.

04 January 2010 16:40
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Awwwwwwwwwwwww NICK...I JUST LOVE YOU!!!! That made me chuckle my ribs off!!!! lol

04 January 2010 16:59
Nick_Giles
Photographer

Quote from Secondskin
Awwwwwwwwwwwww NICK...I JUST LOVE YOU!!!!

REALLY . !! emoticon

Are you 'Priddy' . ?? emoticon

Nick
" The Almighty in his infinite wisdom did not see fit to create frenchmen in the image of Englishmen." :- Sir Winston Churchill.

04 January 2010 17:02
majk
Photographer

Quote from Nick_Giles
REALLY . !! emoticon

Are you 'Priddy' . ?? emoticon

Nick

If not, we'd never know Nick, the woman is a pro priddyfier!
What's on your mind, if you will allow the overstatement?

04 January 2010 17:15
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Yes, i can hide a million sins..lol I love that word...im a priddyfier!!!!! ha ha.

Click this link and make your own mind up )

http://s3.amazonaws.com/picable/2009/07/13/1160957_Ugliest-Woman-in-the-world_620.jpg

04 January 2010 17:23
majk
Photographer

Quote from Secondskin
Yes, i can hide a million sins..lol I love that word...im a priddyfier!!!!! ha ha.Click this link and make your own mind up )http://s3.amazonaws.com/picable/2009/07/13/1160957_Ugliest-Woman-in-the-world_620.jpg

See Nick I told you she was good. This is her going out... You can tell by the hair!

ps. Gaynor, please at least make a link clickable if you're gonna ask us to click it
What's on your mind, if you will allow the overstatement?

04 January 2010 17:24
Nick_Giles
Photographer

That sure is one hell of a scary 'Nosh-buddy'  emoticon

Nick

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa OlgaCabaeva pinklilly seomarketer
2020 carshaltonkev Finallyhere FlashHarry100 Gidders gilesshaxted hylander jas john_at_tina_spice jonnywoo kingfisher Kjoservices panda49 peterh sigmasd14