Reminder Secure

Macaroon threads.................

This thread is currently locked
16 December 2009 18:41
TMG
Photographer

Quote from andrew77uk
Are we talking about the coconut and chocolate cake?

Not really. Doesn't matter anyway, it's dead, dead, dead. 

Howard Mansfield is off-line
16 December 2009 19:39
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
Nottinghamshire

Why are they referred to as Macaroons? I've always been afraid to ask.
Everyone knows photographers make up the hottest proportions of Britains single men. - Kater

16 December 2009 19:46
TMG
Photographer

Quote from HMansfield

George Roon (1684-1743) invented a cake that he sold from his bakery for years before it gained popularity outside his local village. He was known as Mac to the community, so the name stuck and passed into common usage.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
16 December 2009 19:56
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from TMG
He was known as Mac to the community, so the name stuck and passed into common usage.

He was known as Mac because the village grew in size to be a town as the bakery expanded and due to his Rotary Club patronage he became a town official, which of course made him a burgher.

Bob

16 December 2009 20:03
TMG
Photographer

Quote from Bob
He was known as Mac because the village grew in size to be a town as the bakery expanded and due to his Rotary Club patronage he became a town official, which of course made him a burgher.

Bob

Yes, odd that one small, remote fishing village should give rise to two words which have attained global significance. 

16 December 2009 20:04
mikeMatthews
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Quote from HMansfield

macaroon = chaperone, the answer is here
www.purestorm.com/spacelondon - 900 sq ft fully equipped studio for hire in West London..........unbelieveable rates.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray fashion29 Miguel Winterlilly
bengie clarmike GerryS2 gshocker30 keltica Kjoservices Ladiesman MIB mlp Pat9669A philippahh Photo_phil poah Rhadamanthus ricciarelli Richard99 smooth_image steveh32 Stuh Willy_O xsa73