Reminder Secure

cancellations

Karen Hegarty is off-line
11 November 2009 06:29
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Last week I had 5!! cancellations and another this week!  I just wondered if thi was just me or if anyone else is having the same problem, its soooooooooooo frustrating, especially as it more often than not last minute and I can't re book anything in for the day.  What are your thoughts on this how do you prevent it ( if you do) any ideas welcome emoticon

Claire Shipman is off-line
12 November 2009 06:59
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

That really does take the biscuit, I don't tend to get many cancellations anymore (Touch wood) the last minute thing is not acceptable, the last cancellation I had the photographer actually dropped my day rate off at my home in an envelope, I was gobsmacked to say the least. Maybe it would be a good idea to draft up some terms and conditions with bookings and some artists even take deposits but I have found this doesn't work. Keep your chin up me lovely

12 November 2009 07:31
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Thanks Claire, I dont always get cancellation but when it's that many in a week it is pretty devastating as I can't book anything else in last minute and bang goes my wages % cancellations makes a huge dent in that!
I had a cancellation last week and the tog insisted on paying me anyway which was really lovely. But I feel awful taking money I haven't earned. One tog this week offered to pay me but the shoot was cancelled because of model and didn't think it was right he should pay ( maybe I am too soft lol )
I know sonme artists take deposits but I don't find this works either as mostly I am paid on day of shoot, and some booking are only days in advance.
I guess it's just rough with smooth, and fancied moaning to you lot here lol
I'm sure I'm not only one, it just all came in one week

Victoria Howard is off-line
12 November 2009 16:18
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

Ask for part of your full fee in the event of a cancellation. Maybe work on a sliding scale 25% with less than a weeks notice, 50% with less than a days notice?

There are some horrid tummy bugs around right now so maybe that's part of the problem.

13 November 2009 06:03
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Thanks Victoria, the trouble is asking for cancellations fees and actually getting them, also not wanting to ruin any relationships for future work, its a difficult situation. Also its not illness that has led to cancellations.

13 November 2009 07:28
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

100% deposit prior to the job and then they chase you for your cancellation fee back emoticon

andyh is off-line
13 November 2009 09:33
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Lancashire
Lancaster

Quote from ClaireShipman
That really does take the biscuit, I don't tend to get many cancellations anymore (Touch wood) the last minute thing is not acceptable, the last cancellation I had the photographer actually dropped my day rate off at my home in an envelope, I was gobsmacked to say the least. Maybe it would be a good idea to draft up some terms and conditions with bookings and some artists even take deposits but I have found this doesn't work. Keep your chin up me lovely

Oh, mememe! emoticon

The way I saw it, it wasnt your problem that my model cancelled at the 11th hour with no possibility of getting a stand-in, so I didnt see a good reason why your business should have to suffer because of it.

If i'd have been in your shoes thats pretty much what I'd have expected anyway. Still cringing over it tbh

www.andyh.info/blog.php

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AprilLee Lusciousabi29 stevepm
android_man antoinewynn bernadinism clarmike cliffc Dandelion david1500 dby47 glamorphotos keltica Kjoservices laurencejpower MAMAMIYA MIB pb_photography rdp redbaron steveh32 tms WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS