Reminder Secure

Maybe I am just too sensitive! [ Today's Chaperone Thread ]

This thread is currently locked
01 November 2009 13:47
chrisriccio
Photographer

I wonder do Model references mean anything really? I have been talking to a model about doing a shoot of late, I was asked to tell them about myself as they prefered to know something about the Photographers they worked with. I have never been asked to do this before but I figured sure if it helps so toldthem what they wanted to know about me, my life and my work history. After all this they still asked was it OK to bring a chaperone and at this stage I just thought what the hell I can't be arsed!
The thing I find strangest is the model is a bloke emoticon
I don't think I have an amazing portfolio but I had rather hoped I at least looked serious about my work and not like I was grooming menfolk!

01 November 2009 13:52
Jon_P
Photographer

1, You have a great portfolio.

2, What is your issue with chaperones? I find they can be put to good use as assistants.
We can all pose for photos but that dosen't make us all models!

01 November 2009 13:54
chrisriccio
Photographer

Its not so much an issue with Chaperones Jon as a what kind of image am I putting across if even men are afraid to work alone with me

eeee aaaa is off-line
01 November 2009 14:04
xentrix
Photographer
xentrix
New Zealand
adada

To me,as a foreigner all this chaperone thing is strange and weird.
Never had any when shooting back homeland only in UK I started to feel guilty for love of taking photos.
It's like almost every model sees a thug or a rapist in me and they need to have a bodyguard.
That's really depressing and annoying at the same time.

But on the other hand Brits are quite violent nation and there's lots of weirdos out there as my scottish friend says

01 November 2009 14:08
gin_and_tonic
Model

will be another chaperone thread

emoticon

Tom Littlehales is off-line
01 November 2009 14:20
Boopop
Photographer

Bedfordshire
Hockliffe

I've never really worked with a chaperone, but I don't really see the issue people have with it. No matter how good your photos and how much of your life story you tell them, you're still a stranger to them. And like others have said, I'm sure they can help holding reflectors and such

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
01 November 2009 14:22
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Quote from gin_and_tonic
will be another chaperone thread

emoticon

Bunch up, this should be fun

CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

01 November 2009 14:26
mikeMatthews
Photographer
This member has been suspended

MACAROON ALERT......

www.purestorm.com/spacelondon - 900 sq ft fully equipped studio for hire in West London..........unbelieveable rates.

ForumModerator is a moderatorPlatinum Member
01 November 2009 14:27
ForumModerator

West Sussex

Round & round & round we go.

Please join one of these threads if you feel the urge to continue:-
~§~ Chaperones / Macaroons ~§~
~~~~~~~~

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
aaronflamson mandymack
brendan duncanjames essexgeezer James7799 Klp ohkan yorkie77
Hbewhurst