New Casting call for MUAs

21 November 2009 20:04
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from ClaireShipman
Ok time to rant;

Latest Casting:

"I have been asked to do a shoot for a 13 year old's birthday on November 28th. They have requested a make up artist as well.

It will be for 10 girls of that age, just simple make up nothing fancy or seductive, just something the girls will enjoy having done.

The shoot will be done in Brentwood, Essex at roughly 4pm for a couple of hours. Once make up is done the MUA is welcome to stay and watch and chat or can go, their choice.

This shoot would suit someone local as for payment I will cover travelling costs + £15 on top for doing it, along with a copy of the images afterwards for portfolio use on a CD.
"

Is this a joke?

Lets do the maths at least £10 per person in product usage 10 x 10 = £100

Photographer will pay £15 + local travel expenses and a cd of 13 year old girls having fun in the studio....

How much will he be charging each girl, how much will he make on prints lets say an average of £50 per girl 50 x 10 = £500 and he can only afford £15 towards his mua, this site is disgusting after I read this I receive an email asking me to work on a BBC TV series for the ****good exposure****.. so now the BBC are not paying their artists, I think not.

This leads me to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5IV23g-fE

O M G !!!!!!! unbelievable

Victoria Howard is off-line
22 November 2009 08:04
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

Quote from Secondskin
O M G !!!!!!! unbelievable

If we worked for that, we may as well not work and sign on.

23 November 2009 07:16
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Its ok...never fear. The latest on the casting calls is a makeup shoot doing multiple models and the payment is lots of sweets and pop!!!!!!!!!!! So we can be skint AND unhealthy!!!lol   emoticonemoticonemoticon(Have i missed any emotions there??) lol

Karen Hegarty is off-line
23 November 2009 08:58
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I noticed that one too ... I had to laugh.... I did think how old are we ? I can't pay the bills with sweets and pop ..jeez lol it's too much

Claire Shipman is off-line
23 November 2009 11:17
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Haha you guys make me roll with laughing

Steph Owens is off-lineSilver Member
03 December 2009 17:50
stephowens
Model
stephowens
Clwyd
Buckley

hey everyone
 i am looking for a mua in cardiff. i have posted it on castings.
if you are interested please let me know - it is paid

steph

05 December 2009 14:34
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

hey Steph you know I would do it, but cardiff is just a bit too far for me to travel, I think wales is short on MUA's I hope you find someone, see you Wednesday XX

Steph Owens is off-lineSilver Member
05 December 2009 18:29
stephowens
Model
stephowens
Clwyd
Buckley

by the looks of it south wales is defo short of muas. I have posted on here and modelmayhem and only had two replies one for make up and one for hair. no one as versatile as you karen to be able to do both.
well i will keep looking.
see you wednesday

07 December 2009 18:40
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

I just did a shoot in Clwyd ) But Cardiff is way off my radar im afraid

10 December 2009 05:13
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

The castings still make me laugh, someone asking for TFCD when it's blatantly paid work for magazine and paying website submissions, come people we are not idiots !! emoticon

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Cressy2017 Michelledefeo1 Yenguo
cliffc Dandelion djb1 Essexjohn funky GlasgowPhotographer JohnDentonPhoto keltica lester2705 MIB mkitos mlp oro ownimage penfoldpc peteb PhilStorm powerbook92 read redbaron severndigital Steveh32 Thunder_Photos Willjamieson