Airbrushing...

Lindsay Sian Snuggs is off-line
31 October 2009 12:56
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

Just bought an airbrush and wondering how many of you folks use one and how often you have call for it on a job?

Linds x
Portfolio: www.lindsaysiansnuggs.carbonmade.com

31 October 2009 17:02
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

Slightly different genre to yourself but I have gone over to using 95%emoticon airbrush on my bodypainting work

Sophie Alessandra is off-line
01 November 2009 17:58
xsofi09x
Make-up Artist
xsofi09x
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

I've been looking into buying an airbrushing machine but only want to buy one really if it would be worth it i.e use it on most shoots. Did you go on an airbrushing course or anything to know how to use it prior to buying? Also any ideas on price for the machine/kit and price for each foundation/colour?

Thanks

Sophie

01 November 2009 18:18
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

Hi Sophie - I did a 1-day airbrushing course at Guru Make up emporium - taught me how to use it, clean it, unblock it (just incase) different types or airbrush m/up and the different thinners/cleaners needed. Really useful, just need to use it now

I was really impressed with it and how versatile airbrushing can be.

Sparmax airbrush cost me £65, Iwata Silver Jet compressor was £135 ish, Kett airbrush bases are £20 for 1oz, I think Temptu ones are around £16

Linds x

01 November 2009 18:22
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

Quote from MMM_WOW
Slightly different genre to yourself but I have gone over to using 95%emoticon airbrush on my bodypainting work

John,
Love your work - especially the new main pic.

Does the airbrushing speed things up for you, or does it mean you can be more creative with your designs?

Or both, I guess! emoticon

04 November 2009 17:12
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Im with MMM_WOW as in my genre of makeup is a little different to yourself but i LOVE my airbrushes. You can not get a more smooth base than when you use an airbrush, and its a time saver too

06 November 2009 08:31
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

Quote from LindsaySianSnuggs
John,
Love your work - especially the new main pic.

Does the airbrushing speed things up for you, or does it mean you can be more creative with your designs?

Or both, I guess! emoticon

To be honest, the time element isnt really that much different , BUT the end results are so much better and i am having a lot more fun with it plus it seems to stretch me a lot more.

I love the seamless layering, and the ease of blending, plus as a male i get to talk about machines and guns as well as makeup emoticon

06 November 2009 08:37
chrisriccio
Photographer

John, I HATE YOU! that is some awesome airbrush work! Its hard enough on paper to get anything close to that, but on a human!!! Thats just ace!!

06 November 2009 13:37
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

Quote from chrisriccio
John, I HATE YOU! that is some awesome airbrush work! Its hard enough on paper to get anything close to that, but on a human!!! Thats just ace!!

Aww shucks , thankyou emoticon just a bit of practise and a few lessons from the best in the game, none of it is rocket science,.

Always helps to have a good model to work on and a good photographer to capture it though emoticon

john

9 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Chebella91 Stephieb27
Blancho cliffc davojj frank4 iestyn marcblackie rscott360