Reminder Secure

chaparones.

This thread is currently locked
27 October 2009 04:22
writer3five
Photographer

I was recently asked by a model if she could bring a chaparone to a shoot, nothing wrong with that at all. But she also asked me to cover expenses for her chaparone - is this normal.

My initial thoughts are that if the model wants to bring a chaparone then that is her choice but i couldn't see why i should pay further expenses as well as paying the model for her time and her expenses!

I'm not very experienced so wanted to appraise myself of general practice to be sure.

Just as a bit of background there was not a great deal of distance for the shoot. Thanks.

A A is off-line
27 October 2009 04:24
pennistanton
Model
pennistanton
South Glamorgan
A

I'd say no.. but I'm not a photographer and I've never taken a chaperone!

Bit of a useless post there eh?
'Do what you will, this world's a fiction and is made up of contradiction' - William Blake

Phil Winterbourne is off-lineGold Member
27 October 2009 04:25
PhilWinterbourne
Photographer
PhilWinterbourne
West Yorkshire
Leeds/Wakefield

lol taking the pi$$ imo
www.philwinterbourne.co.uk

Alex Browning is off-line
27 October 2009 04:26
alexbrowning
Photographer
alexbrowning
New Zealand
Christchurch

No way should you cover expenses for a chaperone. I know I'm no pro photographer, but that just doesn't sit right.

Alex.
www.transverseimage.com

squodge photography is off-line
27 October 2009 04:30
squodge
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
squodge
London
London

If I were you, I'd work with someone else. I've never understood the need for chaperones. I know people go on about safety, but seriously you've got more chance getting mugged just walking down the street, and there are lots of stories of girls getting raped by getting into unlicensed minicabs. But you don't see girls taking someone with them every time they need to go somewhere.

Ditch the model. Find someone with more common sense. If you REALLY like the look of the model, then go ahead with the shoot - but just refuse blankly to pay travel expenses. If she doesn't trust you enough not to need a chaperone, she's in the wrong industry.

~ squodge ~
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who do not.

DeviantPhotos is off-line
27 October 2009 04:30
deviantphotos
Photographer
deviantphotos
Glasgow

Chaperones are generally not used in Pro shoots as they are simply not needed but if a model did wish to bring one they should cover the expenses.

The expenses of the model. Yes.

Tell the model this if they dont like then find another model There are plenty around.

Dave
http://www.fetishdominion.com

Monstersnowman is off-line
27 October 2009 04:31
monstersnowman
Photographer
monstersnowman
Lincolnshire

nahh .. their choice, their expense imo.
Lord forgive me for my forum sins ... the latest one is a biggy !!

Dave Laurie is off-line
27 October 2009 04:31
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

There is another Thread currently running referring to a model who would bring her own stylist and security entourage to shoots.
Lucky you didn't try to book her isn't it?

Dave.

Clyde Armitage is off-line
27 October 2009 04:33
clyde
Photographer

London

I never pay for chaperones expenses. I can offer a few pics if they want but thats my only offer. The Model should see to chaperones expenses imo

27 October 2009 04:33
renagades1
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from squodge
If I were you, I'd work with someone else. I've never understood the need for chaperones. I know people go on about safety, but seriously you've got more chance getting mugged just walking down the street, and there are lots of stories of girls getting raped by getting into unlicensed minicabs. But you don't see girls taking someone with them every time they need to go somewhere. Ditch the model. Find someone with more common sense. If you REALLY like the look of the model, then go ahead with the shoot - but just refuse blankly to pay travel expenses. If she doesn't trust you enough not to need a chaperone, she's in the wrong industry. ~ squodge ~

+1
Perception of what is actually a good image changes every second, as does technology.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 bonni_cuffs Chandni23 estefy86 faye Satrina Tom84
bbphotos borojohn cliffc digimarx dnlklondon eosfan Essexjohn Fstop Galaxypro Ian_Walker Kjoservices liteangle normant Redbaron redmedia scottmcccxiv steevrosewood thelook Tigra