Reminder Secure

To Chaperone....Or Not To Chaperone?...............

This thread is currently locked
G is off-line
18 October 2009 17:40
imageaware
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
imageaware
Hertfordshire

Quote from eddkingphotography
I have no problem with models bringing chaperones.. Gives my assistant someone to rape too...

emoticon  That is easily the most brutal and yet funniest comment I have ever read on purestorm!!!!!

G.

Megan  is off-line
18 October 2009 17:42
megan88121
Model
megan88121
Suffolk
Ipswich

Well that would be cool, thanks for the useful comment :-)
www.meganpearl.co.uk

18 October 2009 17:43
eddkingphotography
Photographer

Quote from megan88121
Hey you guys are being unfair! LOL fair enough you are giving me the giggles but seriously, i need some proper advise!!

OK - serious advice... if you are going to bring a chaperone don't bring your boyfriend! its a pain in the arse and although it may make you feel comfortable its totally the opposite for the photographer. To be honest tho, if you are working with professional photographers in a professional environment there is no need at all to bring one.. If you are going to work with dodgy GWC's in hotel rooms.. well.. thats not modeling so its not really relivant.. but sure.. bring a friend to watch the perv get a hard on looking at you naked emoticon
www.eddking.com

18 October 2009 17:44
PixieG
Model

I've done shoots without a chaperone and been fine - check the feedback of the tog and PM their previous models, if they have a website look at it - if you still feel unsure then don't book. Always tell someone where you are and (within reason) the time you expect to be finished - and if you must have a chaperone then they should be very discreet - not get in the way - and keep quiet!

Ian Dowler is off-line
18 October 2009 17:47
SAD
Photographer
SAD
Devon
Exmouth

Quote from megan88121
Hey you guys are being unfair! LOL fair enough you are giving me the giggles but seriously, i need some proper advise!!

OK Megan... Every photographer has their own ideas on chaperones....

Firstly, you will find some don't mind them, but it may well depend on the type of work. eg. TF, paid, part paid....I can assume that you're talking about TF? in which case I personally don't have a problem with chaperones(although boyfriends tend to be intrusive anyway) but it depends what level you're shooting to.

If it was paid or part paid then I operate a no chaperone policy... they're welcome to meet me when they drop you off but they can go look round the shops etc and come back later when I've finished....

Very much a 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other.

Kill off all my demons ~ and my angels might die too

Megan  is off-line
18 October 2009 17:49
megan88121
Model
megan88121
Suffolk
Ipswich

"OK - serious advice... if you are going to bring a chaperone don't bring your boyfriend! its a pain in the arse and although it may make you feel comfortable its totally the opposite for the photographer. To be honest tho, if you are working with professional photographers in a professional environment there is no need at all to bring one.. If you are going to work with dodgy GWC's in hotel rooms.. well.. thats not modeling so its not really relivant.. but sure.. bring a friend to watch the perv get a hard on looking at you naked emoticon"

Ok well that is useful thanks, this is what i mean though! Photographers assume this is what i think of them, that they are perves or dangerous- thats not it at all. I am new to this, now i understand chaperones are not necessary- thats all i wanted to find out.

Generally pro photographers are fine, but i have had my fair share of sleezy guys approach me who i can see are not interested in being a good photographer, they are just on here to chat girls up, i dont even think they are photographers at all, so i cant help being insecure.

Anyway, ive got the message now, check out the photographer, have a look at their work, get references and no chaperone necessary. :-)
www.meganpearl.co.uk

18 October 2009 17:54
eddkingphotography
Photographer

Quote from megan88121
"OK - serious advice... if you are going to bring a chaperone don't bring your boyfriend! its a pain in the arse and although it may make you feel comfortable its totally the opposite for the photographer. To be honest tho, if you are working with professional photographers in a professional environment there is no need at all to bring one.. If you are going to work with dodgy GWC's in hotel rooms.. well.. thats not modeling so its not really relivant.. but sure.. bring a friend to watch the perv get a hard on looking at you naked emoticon"

Ok well that is useful thanks, this is what i mean though! Photographers assume this is what i think of them, that they are perves or dangerous- thats not it at all. I am new to this, now i understand chaperones are not necessary- thats all i wanted to find out.

Generally pro photographers are fine, but i have had my fair share of sleezy guys approach me who i can see are not interested in being a good photographer, they are just on here to chat girls up, i dont even think they are photographers at all, so i cant help being insecure.

Anyway, ive got the message now, check out the photographer, have a look at their work, get references and no chaperone necessary. :-)

Steer clear of the sleazes and you'll do just fine - good luck with it all emoticon

Now... back to my big problem... anyone got any good tips on how to dispose of my victims!?!
www.eddking.com

Gareth is off-line
18 October 2009 17:54
Studio25
Photographer
Studio25
Lancashire
Blackburn

Quote from megan88121
I am new to modelling, the first professional and very kind photographer who helped me on my way advised that a chaperone is a good idea...

It's a very good idea for a newcomer. When you've built up your confidence and you can spot the idiots, you'll find a chaperone is as much a nuisance as the photographer does, but when you're staring out, it should help your confidence.

Boyfriends and dads apparently make terrible chaperones. Worst two I've ever had, though, were bride's mum, the first occasion she was a self-proclaimed photographer, who only shut up when I pointed out that if I did everything the same way she thought it needed to be done, there would be no point them coming to me for a shoot.

The second time, it was the same, but with my MUA catching the grief about everything she was "doing wrong". I should maybe have said something, but it was a good learning experience for her, and it was quite entertaining to see someone else on the receiving end of a chaperone.

Ian Dowler is off-line
18 October 2009 17:58
SAD
Photographer
SAD
Devon
Exmouth

Quote from eddkingphotography
Steer clear of the sleazes and you'll do just fine - good luck with it all emoticon

Now... back to my big problem... anyone got any good tips on how to dispose of my victims!?!

Tried an acid bath?

Do a Mrs Miggins into Cornish pasties...

or the Exmouth beach mud flats works well... so Russ reckons!emoticon
Kill off all my demons ~ and my angels might die too

Megan  is off-line
18 October 2009 18:00
megan88121
Model
megan88121
Suffolk
Ipswich

Studio25:

Thank you thank you thank you, thats what i was looking for- thats exactly it, its just a confidence thing while i am starting out and detecting the idiots from the genuine photographers. I am pretty sure with experience, like you said, that i will prefer to go to a shoot on my own.

Thanks again :-)
www.meganpearl.co.uk

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Cressy2017 Michelledefeo1 Yenguo
Dandelion djb1 Essexjohn funky GlasgowPhotographer JohnDentonPhoto keltica lester2705 MIB mkitos mlp oro ownimage penfoldpc peteb PhilStorm powerbook92 read severndigital Thunder_Photos Willjamieson