Reminder Secure

To Chaperone....Or Not To Chaperone?...............

This thread is currently locked
Megan  is off-line
18 October 2009 17:23
megan88121
Model
megan88121
Suffolk
Ipswich

I am new to modelling, the first professional and very kind photographer who helped me on my way advised that a chaperone is a good idea....

My chaperone is my wonderful boyfriend, he is patient, supportive and very kind. He is not the possessive, over protective type who would cause problems at a shoot- he supports any move i try to make in my modelling career, purely because he supports and stands by me.

I appreciate, a lot, why some photographers may dislike the idea of a models partner coming along to a shoot as they may have had problems with them from time to time. This is not an issue and i understand where they are coming from.

I feel terrible because 1 or 2 photographers have felt actually insulted at the thought that i like to bring a chaperone- is this so wrong?

It is not at all that i distrust the photographer, i do not think they are dangerous or a threat- its simply makes me feel more relaxed.

Am i mayble a little niave??
www.meganpearl.co.uk

Chris Conway is off-line
18 October 2009 17:24
ChrisConway
Photographer
ChrisConway
London
London

Do a search for the word "chaperone" on the forums and see what you find
The man who smiles when things go wrong has already thought of someone to blame it on...

18 October 2009 17:25
eddkingphotography
Photographer

I have no problem with models bringing chaperones.. Gives my assistant someone to rape too...

EDIT - space under my patio is getting quite limited tho.. so no fatties please!
www.eddking.com

Chris Conway is off-line
18 October 2009 17:27
ChrisConway
Photographer
ChrisConway
London
London

Quote from eddkingphotography
I have no problem with models bringing chaperones.. Gives my assistant someone to rape too...

Wahahahahahahahahahaha!!
The man who smiles when things go wrong has already thought of someone to blame it on...

18 October 2009 17:28
fellowes
Photographer

Quote from nuflo
Wahahahahahahahahahaha!!

+1
...but what do I know, I'm an "alternative" photographer.

18 October 2009 17:29
adamrobertsonphotography
Photographer

Quote from eddkingphotography

EDIT - space under my patio is getting quite limited tho.. so no fatties please!

emoticon

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

i've got a big garden ive still got some space lol
www.adamrobertson.co.uk - www.binkertson.com - www.2damncreative.co.uk

18 October 2009 17:31
Foundation
Photographer

It's your choice. Set your rates and conditions and then see what bookings you get. From a safety perspective it's a good idea but you will lose some business. Some chaperones are fine but many aint. In saying that. Some togs are fine but many aint.

Ian Dowler is off-line
18 October 2009 17:34
SAD
Photographer
SAD
Devon
Exmouth

Quote from adamrobertsonphotography
emoticon

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

i've got a big garden ive still got some space lol

Jeez!! you've stil got space? I'm already into 4 gardens away!! and I've started digging down now and stacking them!emoticon
Kill off all my demons ~ and my angels might die too

Megan  is off-line
18 October 2009 17:37
megan88121
Model
megan88121
Suffolk
Ipswich

Hey you guys are being unfair! LOL fair enough you are giving me the giggles but seriously, i need some proper advise!!
www.meganpearl.co.uk

alexkidd is off-line
18 October 2009 17:38
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

i think bringing a chaperone should be given more detail, generally i'd be happy for people to be chaperoned but not in the actual studio where the photos are being taken as it's distracting

however in the next room with a cup of tea or something i'd be fine with
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
lexileigh9393
Hazy iestyn LeonardCohen Rscott360 Steveh32 timwalton42