Reminder Secure

Where do i get one from?

14 October 2009 06:34
Cat89
Model

Quote from MikeBuck
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mannequin-Practice-Training-Head_W0QQitemZ290357103964QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HealthBeauty_Other_RL?hash=item439aa1cd5c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 That one looks ok?

not to bad

Suzanna Green is off-line
14 October 2009 07:34
cosmicminx
Make-up Artist
cosmicminx
Cornwall
Penzance

I would say practice on a real person, makeup will react in a different way on other materials.
Skin is the best thing to practice on. Products get absorbed into skin, they will just sit on plastic or whatever the manikin is made of.
You want to know how the products are going to work on a real person, how they blend, how the different skin types and tones affect the look of the makeup.
I am sure you have willing friends that will let you practice on them?
suzanna
www.suzannagreen.co.uk

Angela Emery is off-line
17 October 2009 07:09
girlfunky
Make-up Artist
girlfunky
Cheshire
Wilmslow

U need a prosaide practice head. U can get them from www.dauphines.com in bristol, I think treasure house in stockport may be able to get one for you???

Facepainters use them and you can also buy flat mats of the stuff as its about as realistic to skin as you can get. The flat mats are great for practicing face + bodyart!

Hth

redgauntlet is off-lineSilver Member
17 October 2009 07:22
redgauntlet
Photographer
redgauntlet
Essex
Loughton

Hi Cat,  try Charles Fox they are still in Covent Garden amongst other places.They supply Make-up and all the kit,If they can't help......
Then I'll volunteer,...Mind I've got a beard...
Best wishes
Red G

Karen Hegarty is off-line
19 October 2009 05:05
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I was going to suggest Dauphines, But I would agree with what has been said try and get friends as willing volunteers to help you out will be much better

19 October 2009 09:37
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

I agree, Was just about to say the best option is always real models, im sure people would love free makeovers??? Face shapes are all different, colouring is different and thats what you need to be practising the most and you wont get that experience if you work on a practice head

20 October 2009 05:14
Cat89
Model

Quote from girlfunky
U need a prosaide practice head. U can get them from www.dauphines.com in bristol, I think treasure house in stockport may be able to get one for you??? Facepainters use them and you can also buy flat mats of the stuff as its about as realistic to skin as you can get. The flat mats are great for practicing face + bodyart! Hth

ok thankyou i will deff try there

20 October 2009 05:15
Cat89
Model

Quote from redgauntlet
Hi Cat,  try Charles Fox they are still in Covent Garden amongst other places.They supply Make-up and all the kit,If they can't help......
Then I'll volunteer,...Mind I've got a beard...
Best wishes

i will try there too!,

20 October 2009 05:17
Cat89
Model

Quote from simplydivine
I was going to suggest Dauphines, But I would agree with what has been said try and get friends as willing volunteers to help you out will be much better

i will try but cant promise anything lol

20 October 2009 05:18
Cat89
Model

Quote from Secondskin
I agree, Was just about to say the best option is always real models, im sure people would love free makeovers??? Face shapes are all different, colouring is different and thats what you need to be practising the most and you wont get that experience if you work on a practice head

ok i shall try both

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Dadshouse12 pinklilly ryansd
63jian ALANOMNIA Blancho ChrisNewton cliffc colinpierce david1500 davidn diphoto FotoAuto freddie gperl gwentman keltica lify Mattcairns mike0048 moorlane Philski poah redbaron shadowtime74 silksky Skystudio Steveh32 swalsh58 tonyk1 wacTony