Reminder Secure

Where is the best place to train for mua

This thread is being watched by 2 people
13 April 2010 18:43
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

In answer tothe OP's original question ''Where is the best place to train for mua'' the answer would be a ZOO, because we get offered peanuts, treated like trained chimps, work out of sight most of the time, mucked about and we are expected to perform all kinds of tricks

Claire Shipman is off-line
14 April 2010 15:24
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from MMM_WOW
In answer tothe OP's original question ''Where is the best place to train for mua'' the answer would be a ZOO, because we get offered peanuts, treated like trained chimps, work out of sight most of the time, mucked about and we are expected to perform all kinds of tricks

PSML emoticon

TheMakeupArtist is off-line
29 April 2010 10:03
TheMakeupArtist
Make-up Artist

London

www.aofmakeup.com

Would highly recommend this school

29 April 2010 10:43
empressn
Make-up Artist

You can try Sam Chapman who runs a makeup course. Please check out www.fashionface.tv.  She trained me a few years ago.
In regards to the OP stating she wanted to study a two day course, it is worth a try to see if you want to consider becoming a makeup artist and a starter course can help.  Also I have only had four to five days training, I tested hard, networked and I am heavily published and I consider myself a makeup artist.  I wonder who would like to differ.  It doesn't matter how you get there, your work and attitude will keep you in this business.

Claire Shipman is off-line
29 April 2010 16:43
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from empressn
You can try Sam Chapman who runs a makeup course. Please check out www.fashionface.tv.  She trained me a few years ago.
In regards to the OP stating she wanted to study a two day course, it is worth a try to see if you want to consider becoming a makeup artist and a starter course can help.  Also I have only had four to five days training, I tested hard, networked and I am heavily published and I consider myself a makeup artist.  I wonder who would like to differ.  It doesn't matter how you get there, your work and attitude will keep you in this business.

Its all in the training however you either have the skill or you dont, you clearly do

29 April 2010 18:58
MMM_WOW
Make-up Artist

Quote from ClaireShipman
Its all in the training however you either have the skill or you dont, you clearly do

And something else to remember especially nowadays a lot of insurance companies will only accept certain courses as valid when offering to insure someone and in todays sue happy culture the choice of course could be vital emoticon

37 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore chosin fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 lynnesel missminiskirt pinklilly RedXXX Winterlilly
63jian antoinewynn cgwebster cliffc couchestudio dorrian dougharding edwards Essexjohn flair_photography gshocker30 Impulse_Images Kjoservices mamamiya MIB modelboutique peteb philippahh photomart rscott360 sbindependant Scottda Snooper911 steeee212 steveh32 Thunder_Photos westend_portfolios
barlowstudios