Reminder Secure

how much make-up?

Shelly is off-line
29 September 2009 07:17
Shellyb
Make-up Artist

London

How many bags/boxes/suitcases do you take with you to a job?

I currently have 2 boxes and a zip up bag that I carry brush cleaner, cotton buds, make-up remover etc in.

Suzanna Green is off-line
30 September 2009 03:21
cosmicminx
Make-up Artist
cosmicminx
Cornwall
Penzance

I have a large suitcase with all my kit in. I am trying to find something else to use but not sure what yet?
I used to use a large wheeled toolbox, it was great until i couldn't fit anything else in it.
It would be great to see what others use.
www.suzannagreen.co.uk

Lindsay Sian Snuggs is off-line
30 September 2009 03:25
LindsaySianSnuggs
Make-up Artist
LindsaySianSnuggs
Hampshire
Southampton

I use a Rolser trolley - can fit loads in it and has big chunky wheels:

http://www.thetrolleyrevolution.com/ - mine's the black and white one - love it!

Linds x
Portfolio: www.lindsaysiansnuggs.carbonmade.com

Claire Shipman is off-line
30 September 2009 06:35
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

There is a really good forum on model mayhem, I cant find it right now. Think its called show us your kit and all the muas have posted pictures of their bags and what they can fit inside and its nice to have a nosey, think I may start one here. Would anyone join in? Everyone seems rather secretive on here for some reason.

I use a medium sized bag with clear zip up containers with everything organised into eyes, lips, face, skincare etc then the other half of my case is hair. I will post pictures up on my new forum if you wish?

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
30 September 2009 06:45
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

I have two toolboxes, one for all of the liquid CTM stuff and wipes, buds etc. The other for the makeup. (I also have some bags with the overflow. I find that if I stay disciplined I can just about carry all I need in 1 box (although this only covers caucasian skins).

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

30 September 2009 07:34
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Personally I would never turn up to any job not being able to cover any skin tone, you will get caught out one day. A lot of clients wont always tell you who the model is whether she / he is black or white.

I carry 2 foundation pallets that are very compact and can cover any skin tone.

I would never advise any mua to turn up without everything that could possibly be needed on / off set (Within reason) including silly things like nail varnish remover pads, safety pins & bulldog clips, shaving cream etc Models often turn up having forgot to shave, forget they have chipped nail varnish etc

Simon Young is off-lineSilver Member
30 September 2009 13:14
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Gloucestershire

That's why I don't tout myself around as a MUA Claire. I don't do it enough to keep a broad stock of products, I only do makeup by prior agreement and know the skintype beforehand. I've done a few black skins but not enough to stock up. I once had to do a girl with the most incredible golden skin colour (almost green/bronze), I had to mix in some green moisturiser, hehe....

Si
In the "Information Age", continued ignorance must be a choice motivated initially through inherited beliefs.

Shelly is off-line
30 September 2009 14:02
Shellyb
Make-up Artist

London

I'm not secretive! They share so much on MM and are happy to discuss everything. I have to admit I am very nosey and like to see what others use/carry etc. I think it's nice to be able to share info with other make-up artists, my boyfriend gets sick of listening to me go on about work! lol

30 September 2009 18:31
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

I've never photographed my kit, I'll hopefully get on it tomorrow as im re-organising anyway so you can have a nosey, after all im sure we are really proud of our collections

Karen Hegarty is off-line
01 October 2009 05:36
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I totally need to re organise and this might give me the kick up the a** i need. LOL
I have a large case and a bag. The bag is divided into clear zipper pocket so i can find evertything easily. the case is divided into sections and i have palettes at the back of it, sounds chaotic i guess but I know where my stuff is. I need new cases as mine are on last legs and I keep saying I will treat myself to them but not many people want to offer us paid work so i can afford them lol ... anyway
I also have another bag with odds an ends in that i keep in the boot of my car.
I agree with claire tho'... often people gasp at how much stuff I bring but I want to make sure I have everything I need, including all skin colours from nearly pure white to the darkest or black tones.
I also keep adding to my "emergancy" kit , things people never seem to have ie... safety pins, and bull dog clips, head ache tablets and anti histimine ( not sure i spelt that right tho lol ) insect spray, antibacterial hand cleaner, nail varnish remover and emery boards, needle and thread, and loads more ...

39 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters Batch chosin Jessicaliu1993 kinkykaycee Krystald md2017 missminiskirt
antoinewynn chriscooze cliffc Daddylonglense diphoto Don_Dark duncanjames Forest GerryS2 Hioctane IanHighlander jake_istvan James7799 jeffers JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices LGI malcie mamamiya mattybox Mike103 mrdl Nunude Platidonio rscott360 siwalters steevrosewood stevegosh steveh32 swalsh58 Thunder_Photos