Reminder Secure

Pricing structures

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Shelly is off-line
23 September 2009 14:01
Shellyb
Make-up Artist

London

I know this topic has been touched on many times, but how do the rest of you work out your rates? Unlike other industry's it's quite hard to know how to price yourself. Do you find out what other people in your area charge and base yourself on that? Do you feel comfortable asking other mua's what they charge?

For instance, what is a sensible rate to charge for :

A glamour shoot
Fashion shoot
make-up for a hairdressing submission
fashion show
music video

Do you stick to half day and full day rates, because when I have stated this I am asked for an hourly rate instead. And have you changed your rates slightly to coinside with the credit crunch?

I know I have asked a lot of questions but any imput would be appreciated! emoticon

Suzanna Green is off-line
24 September 2009 02:11
cosmicminx
Make-up Artist
cosmicminx
Cornwall
Penzance

I used to charge an hourly rate and soon found that it was harder to charge a half or full day as people would only pay for and hour or 2. Now i only charge half or full day, except for portfolio shoots done in my husbands photography studio, they are a set price per person and included in the portfolio price.
My prices have actually just gone up, but i did research other MUA in my area and set my prices inline with the average of them all. I did not have a lot to compare to as there are not as many MUA down this way (professionals anyway) You will have a lot more to compare with in London.

I am happy to let you know my prices if you PM me. Remember my prices will be alot lower than MUA prices in london.
www.suzannagreen.co.uk

Shelly is off-line
24 September 2009 05:35
Shellyb
Make-up Artist

London

Thanks so much for your reply. It's very hard, as no one wants to let everyone else know their rates! It's all too secretive, and the other thing within this industry is nobody ever wants to tell anyone how to promote themself, who to contact etc because they feel they are helping the competition. I really appreciate you coming back to me.

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
aprilscherz3 azurphotos casell Cliff Dphphotography eclipsephoto FirstLifePhotography FlashHarold redbaron redtail