Reminder Secure

Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all the other topics on this subject ]

This thread is being watched by 4 people
This thread is currently locked
Ken Smith is off-line
23 September 2009 11:43
Ken_Smith
Photographer
Ken_Smith
Nottinghamshire
Ashfield

Quote from xVicky_Dx
Surely if someone has taken a chaperone to a shoot, the photgrapher can comment/ reference as to whether the chaperone was a complete pain in the backside or whether they were no problem at all.

I think this is a sensible idea.

There's no limit to the length of a feedback comment (as far as I can tell) so it would be handy if all photographers could pass comment on a model's chaperone after the shoot, in addition to feedback on the model.

The model would have to guarantee to bring the same chaperone to allĀ future shoots, and not a substitute, of course...

David Wilder, Unemployed, 42, ROCK LEGEND. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV4NpAnDV8s

23 September 2009 11:44
RobertBetts
Photographer

xVicky_Dx - "Plus a fact i had a shoot on saturday, my mum was with me.... my car decided to over heat and smoke poured out of the engine i didnt have a clue what i had to do. If i was on my own i would have just stopped there in the middle of colchester and cried. Lucky enough my mum knew exactly what to do"

So does the RAC but I wouldnt want you to bring them either!!
Do you think you get better ev'ry day? No I just think I'm two steps nearer to my grave

23 September 2009 11:48
Guzzik
Photographer

I have a CD come to me every now and then for pics. He brings his missus with him...........(shrugs)
"Oh, a wed wose.....How odinawy....."

23 September 2009 11:50
RobertBetts
Photographer

Guzzik haha only you can comeback with sometihng like that
Do you think you get better ev'ry day? No I just think I'm two steps nearer to my grave

Vicky D is off-line
23 September 2009 11:56
xVicky_Dx
Model
xVicky_Dx
Essex
Basildon/ Chelmsford

to be fair Jes my head gaskett blew if it was a simple overheat then yea its not hard to know what to do... I have degree's in many things mechanics not being one of them

Naivity does not come into it, its just a matter of opinion which you will find is probably split 50-50. Some agree some dont.

23 September 2009 11:58
RobertBetts
Photographer

Wow your mum can change a head gasket - What a good woman

Vicky D is off-line
23 September 2009 11:58
xVicky_Dx
Model
xVicky_Dx
Essex
Basildon/ Chelmsford

Quote from RobertBetts
xVicky_Dx - "Plus a fact i had a shoot on saturday, my mum was with me.... my car decided to over heat and smoke poured out of the engine i didnt have a clue what i had to do. If i was on my own i would have just stopped there in the middle of colchester and cried. Lucky enough my mum knew exactly what to do" So does the RAC but I wouldnt want you to bring them either!!

What happens if your not covered by the RAC ? can i bring the shop keeper guy who helped me out too ? lol Jokes just trying to be abit light hearted about the situation x

Jesfish is off-line
23 September 2009 12:06
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from xVicky_Dx
to be fair Jes my head gaskett blew if it was a simple overheat then yea its not hard to know what to do... I have degree's in many things mechanics not being one of them Naivity does not come into it, its just a matter of opinion which you will find is probably split 50-50. Some agree some dont.

Fair enough, point taken..no offence meant!  I'd love to know how your mum fixed a head gaskett.  She's like Supermum!  You could hire her out as a chaperone to others, lol!

23 September 2009 12:13
RobertBetts
Photographer

xVicky_Dx - Im only teasing you although would be handy to have a mum that could do that - Its one of the things you have to learn to work in this industry - one is have a reliable car and two have breakdown cover. If you cant get to a shoot, then you're not going to get paid for it and also get a bad name quickly.
Always have the clients details to keep them informed and always do your utmost to get to the shoot - no one will bad mouth you for trying

~Anyway Im going of the thread now, but a chaperone isnt the ideal answer for 99% of things that can happen during any part of a shoot

Pete Whelan is off-line
23 September 2009 12:15
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

Quote from Harpy_images
Nope, he didnt, should I be dissapointed now

Though I did placate him with numerous cups of tea..

phew! that was lucky!

obviously doesn't own a camera then!!
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore chosin fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 lynnesel missminiskirt pinklilly Winterlilly
63jian antoinewynn cliffc couchestudio dougharding edwards Essexjohn flair_photography gshocker30 Impulse_Images James7799 Kjoservices mamamiya MIB modelboutique photomart rscott360 Scottda steeee212 steveh32 westend_portfolios