Reminder Secure

Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all the other topics on this subject ]

This thread is being watched by 4 people
This thread is currently locked
ICONIC :P is off-line
23 September 2009 11:31
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

i dont mind chaperones,
pissing purestorm off since 2009

23 September 2009 11:32
screaming_images
Photographer

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

wake me up when youve decided on a opinion wont you
"For Gods sake Woman put your clothes on" the nightmares keep getting worse

Harpy_images is off-line
23 September 2009 11:33
Harpy_images
Photographer
Harpy_images
South Glamorgan
Barry Cardiff

Quote from vipimages
did he feel you up or otherwise molest you?

Nope, he didnt, should I be dissapointed now

Though I did placate him with numerous cups of tea..

You have a deeply disturbed yet strikingly fascinating thought process; like an accident involving a car full of supermodels, so beautiful and bad you just can't take your eyes off of it

23 September 2009 11:34
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from RobertBetts
References for a chaperone - What! - its normally a friend parent or worse a boyfriend why do I want to read reference for a chaperone and whos gonna right them - is there a SIA training course for that too

it mabee good if the photographer while leaving reference for model said that there chaperone was good, didnt interfear was friendly etc.,

Vicky D is off-line
23 September 2009 11:35
xVicky_Dx
Model
xVicky_Dx
Essex
Basildon/ Chelmsford

it was a serious question not an offer for a pee take....

Surely if someone has taken a chaperone to a shoot, the photgrapher can comment/ reference as to whether the chaperone was a complete pain in the backside or whether they were no problem at all. As i said taking a boyfriend is a huge no !! but whats wrong with a mum or best friend who stays completely out of the way and only adds input if their opinion is asked ?

Truth is we are all going to have to agree to dissagree some photographers dont mind some do.. if its that much of a problem dont work with the model and vise versa

Surely i have a right to be alittle scared after being locked in a room ?? as i said on the first shoot ill take one thereafter then no.

Anthonygh is off-line
23 September 2009 11:35
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Models need chaperons in case they take a mini cab to or from the shoot!

Vicky D is off-line
23 September 2009 11:40
xVicky_Dx
Model
xVicky_Dx
Essex
Basildon/ Chelmsford

Plus a fact i had a shoot on saturday, my mum was with me.... my car decided to over heat and smoke poured out of the engine i didnt have a clue what i had to do. If i was on my own i would have just stopped there in the middle of colchester and cried. Lucky enough my mum knew exactly what to do. Completley sorted out the problem and got me and the car to the shoot. If she wouldnt have been there i wouldnt have made the shoot nor had a clue how to fix the problem and would have probably injured myself going under the bonnet, its not just having a chaperone for the shoot its the journey too !! lol

23 September 2009 11:43
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from xVicky_Dx
Plus a fact i had a shoot on saturday, my mum was with me.... my car decided to over heat and smoke poured out of the engine i didnt have a clue what i had to do. If i was on my own i would have just stopped there in the middle of colchester and cried. Lucky enough my mum knew exactly what to do. Completley sorted out the problem and got me and the car to the shoot. If she wouldnt have been there i wouldnt have made the shoot nor had a clue how to fix the problem and would have probably injured myself going under the bonnet, its not just having a chaperone for the shoot its the journey too !! lol

lol

RobertBetts
Photographer

To be honest I cant see many people wanting to start writing references for the Chaperone - if thats the case then maybe PS can create a couple of new sections on the search list

Models
Photographers
Agencies
Makeup artists
Studio
Chaperones
Taxi Drivers
Hairdressers
any anyone else involved in ensuring I do my job properly............. Some how I dont see it happening

Simple thing is - if the model does not feel confident with working with someone - then dont. Why cant photographers have their mates hang around the studio whilst the model is being photographed after all what to stop a model shouting Rape or accuse a photographer of trying to modest her just because he stood in the air space as the her - Its then the photographers word against the models - SO if I can have my mates in the studio watching the model as she tries to get confident with her shoot, then yeah all fair
Do you think you get better ev'ry day? No I just think I'm two steps nearer to my grave

Jesfish is off-line
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from xVicky_Dx

I don't mean to sound rude but you seem way too naive to be doing this sort of job if you're panicking about photographers and don't even know what to do when your car overheats! 

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
fashion29 ladysextasy maria_dyl Rae_raven Winterlilly Wonderlandsherellex Xgreeneyesx
bengie Davebu dirkus durhammedia gordon guitarman Hazy Hioctane Jayp1 jccj1 Jph1954 Ladiesman panda49 PhotoSpyroS photostevo poah Rhadamanthus Thunder_Photos vapourtrail Willjamieson Zuiko
barlowstudios