Reminder Secure

Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all the other topics on this subject ]

This thread is being watched by 4 people
This thread is currently locked
Dave Laurie is off-line
23 September 2009 10:27
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Quote from TechnicalBoy
I've worked out how to solve any financial problems Purestorm may have - charge a small fee for starting a chaperones thread. Within a few meets they'll be rolling in cash!

Or with a slight twist:
I've worked out how to solve any financial problems Photographers may have - charge a large fee for chaperones being present. Within a few meets they'll be rolling in cash!

After all we are entertaining and sometimes educating them.

Dave.

23 September 2009 10:29
golpys
Photographer

here's the question i pose to model's when they ask if they can bring a chaperone...

if i was to rape a model..... would i do it in front of my makeup artist, hair stylist, wardrobe stylist and my assistant ??

yes there are weirdos out there, but if you don't feel comfortable enough to shoot with the photographer - then don't do the shoot !!! simple as.
www.andygolpys.co.uk

beyond beauty makeup is off-line
23 September 2009 10:34
martika
Model

Kent
Hawkhurst

I think this was meant to have been a serious topic but it has been turned into a joke.I agree that working at a checkout in Tesco's is a little different that being alone with a photographer you have never met.
I think that the chaperone shouldn't be in the same room as the shoot but it doesn't hurt to just be around just incase.There are to many "weirdos" out there and better to be safe than sorry,

23 September 2009 10:35
martika
Model

Kent
Hawkhurst

And not all photographers have MUA e.t.c at a shoot

Harpy_images is off-line
23 September 2009 10:40
Harpy_images
Photographer
Harpy_images
South Glamorgan
Barry Cardiff

Quote from martika
I think this was meant to have been a serious topic but it has been turned into a joke.I agree that working at a checkout in Tesco's is a little different that being alone with a photographer you have never met.
I think that the chaperone shouldn't be in the same room as the shoot but it doesn't hurt to just be around just incase.There are to many "weirdos" out there and better to be safe than sorry,

If you are THAT uncomfortable about working with a photographer without a chaperone then perhaps you shouldnt be shooting with that photographer in the first place *shrugs*

You have a deeply disturbed yet strikingly fascinating thought process; like an accident involving a car full of supermodels, so beautiful and bad you just can't take your eyes off of it

Vicky D is off-line
23 September 2009 10:48
xVicky_Dx
Model
xVicky_Dx
Essex
Basildon/ Chelmsford

see i dont get this whole chaperone problem either.

I mean i will only take a chaperone to the first shoot if i have never met the photgrapher before. This is not to accuse photographers of being perverted rapists or anything like that its simpley for peice of mind. Shoots after that i will go alone.

I have had a bad experiance... i was young and naive and went alone to a shoot to do lingerie. I got locked in a room and pretty much forced to go beyond my limits and it terrified the living death out of me to the point i took a year out of modelling. Safe to say my limits where not stretched i just refused to work and begged the photgrapher to let me out !! this photographer had LOTS of good references !!

If needs be it wouldnt be a problem if the photographer brought a chaperone either, surely safe guarding is better then not.

Dave Laurie is off-line
23 September 2009 10:49
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Iain is right - the OP is seriously attractive. But I'd suggest it isn't only Photographers who'd agree with that, I should think there's a whole world full of policemen, postmen, milkmen, wheelie-bin emptiers, etc., etc., out there who'd think that.
So unless we want to end up totally paranoid and not go anywhere, all that's needed is to be sensible. Use the Reference system for a start, then randomly select a few of the people a Photographer has previously worked with to double-check via PM/e-mail. Then if you get a positive response, you agree to the shoot.
If you don't like any of the answers, then don't do it.

Dave.
p.s. Some "models" have been shown to be slightly unbalanced in the past. One even carved up a bloke she met in a Club with a stanley-knife. Maybe Photographers need chaperones too?

Vicky D is off-line
23 September 2009 10:49
xVicky_Dx
Model
xVicky_Dx
Essex
Basildon/ Chelmsford

i can understand the not taking a boyfried part coz i agree with that too, a photoshoot is no place for a boyfriend. I take my mum or best friend and both of them come with references if anything they are more of a help then a hinderance.

23 September 2009 10:55
RobertBetts
Photographer

I didnt used to have a problem with the Chaperone, however they can be and are generally intrusive to a shoot

I've had one model's friend taking pics on her mobile phone whilst I was trying to do a shoot.
I've had one mum continually saying to her daughter "Thats NOT how Tyra (Tyra banks I presume) does it"
I've had one boyfiend drive off - consequently leaving the model for well over two hours after the shoot had finished, which meant I couldnt go home and leave the poor girl in the dark out side on her own - I had a 3 hour drive ahead of me
I've had a over zealous dad in the studio that treated me like he had delivered his daughter the bedroom of the devil and that he must of thought my camera was a substitute for my John Thomas
I've had a mum that before allowing me to shoot her son, decided she was going to interrogate my business as if I was applying for £250,000 on Dragons Den - Happily informing me she runs several businesses (Whoppee)

Then you get the friends who come along and want to offer advice or just make the model laugh during the shoot, or who will get bored and want to drag the model out for a cigarette and a chat every 10 minutes

To be honest, as someone said earlier, you wouldnt take someone to a "normal" job with you - and if you are a model of any standing this IS a "normal" job - if you want someone to drive you there thats fine, if you want them to come in say hello, meet me and decide whether I look dodgy or not thats ok, If you want them to come back 10 minutes before the end of the shoot time to have a cup of coffee and a chat with you as the model and me as the photographer that too is fine - but during the shoot - is not a good thing it disturbs the whole Karma of the shoot and NO ONE benefits - Phew!
Do you think you get better ev'ry day? No I just think I'm two steps nearer to my grave

23 September 2009 10:56
martika
Model

Kent
Hawkhurst

Yep i think taking one to your first shoot is acceptable then after that if you feel comfortable and arrange another shoot then you go alone

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray fashion29 Miguel Winterlilly
bengie clarmike dorrian GerryS2 gshocker30 keltica Kjoservices Ladiesman MauricesImagery MIB mlp philippahh Photo_phil poah Rhadamanthus ricciarelli Richard99 RupertRudd smooth_image steveh32 Stuh