Reminder Secure

Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all the other topics on this subject ]

This thread is being watched by 4 people
This thread is currently locked
23 September 2009 06:13
BaileyK
Model

Quote from kirstynsheriff

Why is it that people are so against chaperones?
This world is not perfect and with so many weirdos out
there surely people would rather we were safe than sorry!!!!!!

And your chaperone could be one of them many weirdos :-)

23 September 2009 06:15
Tidal_Kitten
Model

More than just Kibbles and Bits

Shawn Barker is off-line
23 September 2009 06:16
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMedia
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

Quote from kirstynsheriff

Why is it that people are so against chaperones?
This world is not perfect and with so many weirdos out
there surely people would rather we were safe than sorry!!!!!!

I totally agree about the number of weirdos in the world. I personally never leave the front door without my  burly chaperone because those weirdos are everywhere - bus stops, street corners, shops etc. It's shame that you take the view that apparently ALL photographers are weirdos, therefore you need a chaperone when with them more so than you would in your normal day to day life.

23 September 2009 06:17
phatti3878
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Quote from Badger
I think that there is a slight difference between the checkout at Tescos, and a young model in her underwear, on her own with just a tog in a studio.

I hav no problems whatsoever with chaperones.

Trevor

But at the end of the day it is your choice of job/ hobby. If you are not comfortable doing it then don't do it. Sites like this have reference systems (that people choose to ignore) They are there for a reason and not just to butter up a photographer/ model for cheeper rastes next time, they are there to report problems etc which if used correctly would slowely erradicate the photographers/ models who are not good to work with. At the end of the day you can be attacked no matter where you are or what your doing. Just because you are working with someone nacked in there house doesn't make them any more likely to attack you. How many million people are there in the UK and out of them how many have attacked etc. Now how many of them were photographers. The press are making us all scared of each other by just printing bad news all the time. Why don't we bring in a chaperones profile section, that way we can all leave them feedback if they were a good chaperone thats fine but if they get rude and abusive then we can report them, and yes it has happened and yes i did have one steel £100 from my flat while i shot his girlfriend. Unfortunatly that £100 was her wages. And yes i do allow chaperones on my shoots unless I'm shooting in my own home. Altho there is nothing wrong with the models having somebody drop them off/ collect them.

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
23 September 2009 06:17
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

I'll try and be constructive....

Wow...you are seriously pretty!

I cant see why you would have to take on the sort of jobs where you would feel the need for a chaperone! 

You,re based in London, you should be able to find a good commercial agent, I reckon.

I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

23 September 2009 06:24
phatti3878
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Quote from IainT
I'll try and be constructive....

I cant see why you would have to take on the sort of jobs where you would feel the need for a chaperone! 

You,re based in London, you should be able to find a good commercial agent, I reckon.

She'll still be working with photographers tho and doubt the agent will chaperone her to every shoot.

Simon Cooke is off-line
23 September 2009 06:33
FreelanceBadger
Photographer
FreelanceBadger
Gloucestershire
Gloucester

Quote from RussFreeman
I don't mind chaperones. Two bodies are as easy to bury as one. I like this topic almost as much as the last chaperone thread :-)

I must be doing it wrong then - making the hole large enough for the second one always wears me out.

Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
23 September 2009 06:35
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from phatti3878
She'll still be working with photographers tho and doubt the agent will chaperone her to every shoot.

A good agent will put her right about chaperones, that they dont exist in the "real" modelling world. I was also making the point that she is probably the type of model who will be getting her work from an agency rather than here. 

I could also add that she is new to the site, is 18 years old and wouldn,t necessarilly know this topic has been done to death. I dont think she has exactly been given a warm welcome and quite possibly wont stick around anyway!
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

Hazel Calvert is off-line
23 September 2009 06:39
Hazel_Calvert
Model
Hazel_Calvert
Bedfordshire
Leighton Buzzard, Beds, Bucks, Herts, London

hey hun! welcome to purestorm, glad to see you on here!

There are a few grumpy people on here that will just give you negative replies in forum posts! But you will see what i mean....

I dont take a chaperone with me, if i feel uncomfortable or worried about a shoot, then i dont agree to it.

Look forward to seeing some more pictures of you

xxxx

Pixel Sensation is off-line
23 September 2009 06:44
Pixel_Sensation
Photographer
Pixel_Sensation
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham/Grantham

Quote from IainT
I'll try and be constructive...

Agree with this.
But like Hazel says as well, if your not comfortable and feel the need for a chaperone, then dont do the shoot.
Try the agencies
Good luck :-)

Neil

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jenna84model
Aurelius just_lez rscott360 tmphoto1 w4pictures