Reminder Secure

Whats wrong with chaperones??? - [ i.e. I haven't bothered to read all the other topics on this subject ]

This thread is being watched by 4 people
This thread is currently locked
Tony S is off-line
26 September 2009 17:16
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

Quote from Iconic
i like the word haha. i thought if i posted someone might enlighten me

Is a kinda cake like thing, heavy on the coconut I seem to remember and quite fragile.

(I may be confusing my confectonary here, who knows)

ICONIC :P is off-line
26 September 2009 17:27
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from TonyS
Is a kinda cake like thing, heavy on the coconut I seem to remember and quite fragile.

(I may be confusing my confectonary here, who knows)

macaroon?
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Dave Laurie is off-line
26 September 2009 17:35
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

Quote from diipii
Chaperons are necessary when the model believes they are.

I believe they defuse the picture making situation, make photography the only concern and establish the photographer as a serious practitioner.
The professionalism and trust so crucial to us all can be lost in an instant.

The cretinous attitude of some of the men in this thread appears to prove the need. You know the ones with avatars of Mel Smith on steroids, who jump in with "humourous", "matey" comments whenever someone starts a worthwhile thread and have shots in their profile of a woman with her legs so wide apart ....describing it as a "serious art form" or who swear "they" would never work with a chaperon present.

My opinion is these people have issues other than photography and are responsible for the fear and distrust that exists in this relationship. It should be creative, exciting and rewarding and they have blighted it with sleaze and anxiety instead.

Does that not blow a hole in your own argument? A "model" insisting he/she will only work with a chaperone present is saying he/she doesn't trust the photographer in the first place. So none to be lost then.

Dave.

Tony S is off-line
26 September 2009 17:38
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

Yeah thats the one, not bad with Tea.

26 September 2009 17:40
TeddyB
Photographer

qt] from melrobson02
Wow this is a really interesting and fresh topic. Don't think anyone's covered this one before  emoticon...

emoticon  Good one Mel.  Let me see now, early last month I think it was, the latest thread before this one was merged with 2 other threads currently doing the rounds, at the same time.  So that's 3 other recent threads, please there's been more in the past.

Quote from kruse

Please, please, please do a search of the forums for this topic and ask the mods to lock this one down.   Starting another macarroon thread is not going to do you any favours emoticon 

Correct Mr. kruse.  A simply search through the back catalogue of forum postings would have shown the OP that this subject has been done to death so much in the past, that regthecat has insisted that the 'C' word be replaced by the word 'macaroon', to save annoying him anymore.

Quote from Ken_Smith
Some of the photographers posting on this thread sound like complete amateurs!
Obviously, you get the model and chaperone to dig their own graves before you kill them!

emoticon

Ken  emoticon  Love it!

No, but seriously, macaroons, they eat all the hob-nobs, and that's just not on!

Ted  emoticon
You know what's there. Waiting. Beyond that beach. Immortality! Take it! It's yours!

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
26 September 2009 17:44
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Absolutely nothing wrong with them at all. I always take one with me on a shoot so as not to be ravished by the model. Someone above said this subject's been done to death - there are new models and new photographers joining this site every day, - they won't know that.

Dave Laurie is off-line
26 September 2009 17:59
deetvstudio
Photographer
deetvstudio
Lancashire
Preston

So that's why there's a sudden proliferation of macaroons is it? I was wondering where they'd all come from.
I haven't seen one recently myself, but from what I remember they have similar markings to a skunk, hopefully without the strong scent-glands, but they are likely to be found foraging in all your belongings.

Dave.

ESP is off-line
26 September 2009 18:00
smithmyster
Photographer
smithmyster
London
Hertford

Quote from kruse

It's interesting to note that you always avoid debate.  You make some comment or other and seem to consider it the final word on any given subject.

Chaperones are not, necessarily, necessary simply because a model believes them to be.  No model has ever needed a chaperone when shooting with me.

Jeremy

I have not seen one reason on here why a model should not be able to take a chaperone to a shoot.

Im pretty shocked by the sad attitude of some "Photographers" on this thread.  I never bother with the forum normal for this reason. What possible justification can a professional minded photographer have for not being able to agreed with a model wanting someone else with her on a photoshoot??

There is only one reason for a photographer refusing a chaperone, and thats because it would difuse there sad sexual power trip issues over a women.

No Model have ever needed a Chaperon on one of my shoot, but thats for them to find out and im not going refuse a request to bring one, and with some of the sad unprofessional attitudes of some of the (Self tittled) Professional Photographers on here it doesnt surprise me at all that female model might feel the need to want to feel safe.

If any of those "Professional Photographers" on here that have Acutually worked "Professionaly" with in the industry (paid and publised through comissioned shoots (not readers wives or NUTS)) you will know that at the top level of the industry its not a issue. Feel free to dispute this if you know anything about working at the highest level of the industry

Regards

Edd

FAT is off-line
26 September 2009 18:02
JohnE
Photographer
JohnE
Hampshire
Fareham (between Southampton & Portsmouth on the south coast)

I always welcome Macaroons at my shoots .
la tristesse durera toujours

26 September 2009 18:09
regthecat
Photographer

Quote from smithmyster

There is only one reason for a photographer refusing a chaperone, and thats because it would difuse there sad sexual power trip issues over a women.

emoticon

Quote from smithmyster

If any of those "Professional Photographers" on here that have Acutually worked "Professionaly" with in the industry (paid and publised through comissioned shoots (not readers wives or NUTS)) you will know that at the top level of the industry its not a issue. Feel free to dispute this if you know anything about working at the highest level of the industry

I don't know anything about working at the highest level of this industry so I will just wait for IainT to comment as he does and I know his feelings on macaroons.

Oh BTW.....do you?

Talentless and unreliable. Please get in touch. I promise I will get back to you if I can be at all arsed.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessicaliu1993 joann2 Lushlolly natpenelope Natural_happy_girl
antoinewynn antonart bayford bob22 clarmike diphoto Don_Dark edwards Images1854 ImageStyle James7799 johnmphoto kai_kul Kjoservices lambiepie71 mamamiya mike0048 mlp philippahh smphotographic steveh32 stuartnoo totalpics
harbourstudio