Reminder Secure

Covering someone in silver foil

13 September 2009 12:27
RussFreeman
Photographer

Hi everyone, me again emoticon

I appreciate this might seem strage but...I was wondering of anyone has advice on sticking silver foil to someone - not all over, just selected parts...well, maybe all over if it goes well I suppose.

What kind of glue could I use? It would have to be something that doesn't stick too permanently I think.

Thanks!

russ.
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Chrissie Red is off-line
13 September 2009 12:33
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Me again.

*waves to Russ*

I will tell you via msn how I done it

x

Paul Ottey is off-lineSilver Member
13 September 2009 12:40
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
Staffordshire

I used to use water to stick it to windows, great for keeping light out of rooms. Not sure if that would work on skin though...
Video Shizzle https://vimeo.com/user2367653/videos

ICONIC :P is off-line
13 September 2009 12:41
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

i did this at school for a prodject in art if you cover them all over it will hold its self on
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Tathiel is off-line
25 September 2009 08:53
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
Bristol
Bristol

... what ideas have you got now Russ? Sounds intriguing...

25 September 2009 08:55
JaneWeiss
Model

Don't glue it (B&Q kit anyone?) Use vaseline.... works for gold leaf, will work for tin.
Travel to me for a shoot - All bookings at Westgate Studio (Long Eaton) receive a 10% discount on my model fee.

KT101 is off-line
25 September 2009 09:00
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Hertfordshire
Borehamwood

Spirit gum?

Works for beards and tashes maybe work for tin foil.
What do I know about photography..... I'm a mechanic/milkman/driver/dogsbody. etc. etc. etc.

25 September 2009 09:08
kruse
Photographer

Quote from RussFreeman
Hi everyone, me again emoticon

I appreciate this might seem strage but...I was wondering of anyone has advice on sticking silver foil to someone - not all over, just selected parts...well, maybe all over if it goes well I suppose.

What kind of glue could I use? It would have to be something that doesn't stick too permanently I think.

Thanks!

russ.

Slightly off at a tangent but you might want to think about using space blankets instead of foil (depending, of course, on your actual idea) as they are rather more flexible whereas with foil you could find it constantly tearing if/as the model moves and also, potentially, quite uncomfortable.

Jeremy

Needs a new signature now Phyllis has gone

ICONIC :P is off-line
25 September 2009 09:11
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from kruse

Slightly off at a tangent but you might want to think about using space blankets instead of foil (depending, of course, on your actual idea) as they are rather more flexible whereas with foil you could find it constantly tearing if/as the model moves and also, potentially, quite uncomfortable.

Jeremy

whats a space blanket??
pissing purestorm off since 2009

25 September 2009 09:13
RussFreeman
Photographer

Ha! Tara, don't be so suspicious. I have an idea for a group of shots I'd like to do which involve my willing and excited participant(s) to have bits of them covered in super shiny foil.

Jane, that sounds fantastically. I'm so trying that later...I just need someone local to experiment on.
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin MissInk78 pinklilly SJH30
bogan browny7 Edphoto Fluffypup George99 Hazy martinchristie photostevo redtail RenedeHaan sammylhel Steveh32