Reminder Secure

How many?

11 September 2009 07:35
jenkins
Model

On average how many jobs a month do you tend to do?

Ive just enrolled in a part-time course just as back up after modelling and just intrigued :-)

Thanks
Jen x

Karen Hegarty is off-line
17 September 2009 03:28
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Another model turned Mua? What a suprise!

Victoria Howard is off-line
17 September 2009 12:47
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

How long is your course?
What sort of course?

It will determine how much work you can get.

17 September 2009 14:30
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

I should imagine thats a hard one to answer, as every MUA is different with different skills and each getting jobs in different areas of the industry. But i can tell you one thing, dont expect to get any paid work until you have at least worked hard on a MUA portfolio and gained experience and discovered which area of makeup you excel at?? Once you have gained the experience needed then you can put your rates out there and the rest is up to how hard you want to work at it, and believe me in this industry you have to be prepared to put the graft in

ICONIC :P is off-line
17 September 2009 15:00
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from simplydivine

yet theres only one mua near me hmmm,mabee a few models from my end should do the course
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Claire Shipman is off-line
17 September 2009 16:05
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from Iconic
yet theres only one mua near me hmmm,mabee a few models from my end should do the course

Im always working in your area, so shhhhhh emoticon

Lisa Curtis is off-line
17 September 2009 16:06
heiresslisa
Model
heiresslisa
Dorset
Bournemouth

Quote from simplydivine

Thats a bit rude!
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

17 September 2009 16:06
jenkins
Model

Quote from simplydivine

Nope you are incorrect still modelling full-time. I just thought it would be a good idea to get as many back ups for when modelling runs low however the course I was going to do I have realised wasnt all that so not attending now!

Anyhow thanks for all your feedback going to perhaps pursue this in a few years.

17 September 2009 16:09
jenkins
Model

Quote from Secondskin
I should imagine thats a hard one to answer, as every MUA is different with different skills and each getting jobs in different areas of the industry. But i can tell you one thing, dont expect to get any paid work until you have at least worked hard on a MUA portfolio and gained experience and discovered which area of makeup you excel at?? Once you have gained the experience needed then you can put your rates out there and the rest is up to how hard you want to work at it, and believe me in this industry you have to be prepared to put the graft in

Oh trust me I know how hard you have to work in this industry I model full-time lol

thank you for your help really appreciate it.

As I put in my other post this is closed now as the course wasnt all it was cracked up to be.

Thanks
Jenx

18 September 2009 10:00
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

If you really were serious about it though, surely you would find a more suitable course?? as there are LOADS????

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Baileysandcream chloejade25 rob452
antoinewynn Cheshunt83 cliffc dby47 Edenbailey Ianmcculloch iestyn JohnDentonPhoto lfc9_uk mantisphoto Mark_Anthony Paul_Jones photostevo redbaron stevegosh Steveh32 Stewart1988 Willjamieson