Holly Baverstock is off-line
10 September 2009 12:44
hollybaverstock
Make-up Artist
hollybaverstock
Hertfordshire
London

Hiya

I've been advised that work as a MUA on a cruise ship is quite fun. Kind of get the feel of travelling while doing what youre trained to do. Obviously unless you were  lucky and met the right person it wouldnt get you any further in your career I guess, but would be quite an experience?.

Has anyone done this? Is it a good idea? I can't decide if it would be the kind of thing I'd like to do for a bit or not.

Thanks peeps!

Holly

A T is off-lineSilver Member
10 September 2009 12:47
AndyT
Photographer
AndyT
West Sussex
Worthing

I worked the cruise ships for 4 years... depends on the company you work for... you may be required to work 15 hr days or you may only do 6/8 ... if you have any questions ref companies etc pm me and can help you.

10 September 2009 12:50
aleshaalex
Model

Hi holly although not done it myself I did when I was younger but I had a fella I was with 4 years so this stopped me..the people who I have spoken too who have worked on cruiselibers have had a quail of a time..I also worked at a college as a beauty technician so know a lot of info..
The hours are long but you get acomodation and meals free..drinks and cigarettes are cheap and you get between a day and a day and a half off to do what you like..it's generally when you stop at a port so you can have a look around wherever you are.
If I were you I would go for it..if I were younger and not attached I would..life is short..besides if you don't like it 8 months ain't too long..it will fly round..
Also a great opportunity to meet new people..

Alesha x

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
parlour_photo paulq