03 September 2009 14:22
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Hi Gals n Guys,

I was dreading the emails I might have when I got back after an amazing 2 week break away.

So today I received this which I know has been sent to several mua's just a warning to anyone actually considering this, the photographer is seriously taking advantage:

hi i am looking for an MUA for next wednesday 9th in manchester.
i am shooting syndication of natalie rooney - wayne rooneys cousin.

although this job is not paid you will be credited in all magaiznes.
and literally all the magazines are after this as its her first ever shoot with her new boobs,

please come back to me if you are at all interested

My reply:

Hi There,

Sounds like a big earner for you if LITERALLY ALL the magazines are after it, let me know if you would like my rates.

Best Wishes
Claire

His reply so far, NOTHING Is this some kind of a joke?

I also had this today:

Dear Claire, i recently posted a post about make up tips. as im looking for tips on how to do my make up as go some things planned next week and i like to learn new things. i was told that i should contact a MUA and see if they can show me some things etc so i was wondering if you could if possible or just to pass on some tips. i dont mind if you cant its worth a try.

Now we can provide free make up advice via email, please contact us we will be happy to tell you anything you would like to know emoticon

Welcome back to the world of mua's

emoticon

03 September 2009 14:26
cassiemakeup
Make-up Artist

great exposure... because loads of photographers, artists and agents read the lads mags and look to see who that amazing make-up artist is and knock her door down with work... i work for a lot of lads mags and believe me i wouldn't even ask for any credits, because it will do nothing for me.

fashion/beauty credits on the other hand... oi vey... editorial gratis!!!
http://www.cassiemakeup.com

Claire Shipman is off-line
03 September 2009 14:31
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Just searched my inbox as the email sounded familiar, he also sent me this back in Feb:

hi i am looking for a mua who will work on tf with me for one of paris hiltons best mates contestants. shoot is on 18th feb near birmingham please come back to me is interested or add me to msn -

03 September 2009 17:16
JaneWeiss
Model

Quote from ClaireShipman
Hi Gals n Guys,

I was dreading the emails I might have when I got back after an amazing 2 week break away.

So today I received this which I know has been sent to several mua's just a warning to anyone actually considering this, the photographer is seriously taking advantage:

hi i am looking for an MUA for next wednesday 9th in manchester.
i am shooting syndication of natalie rooney - wayne rooneys cousin.

although this job is not paid you will be credited in all magaiznes.
and literally all the magazines are after this as its her first ever shoot with her new boobs,

please come back to me if you are at all interested

My reply:

Hi There,

Sounds like a big earner for you if LITERALLY ALL the magazines are after it, let me know if you would like my rates.

Best Wishes
Claire

His reply so far, NOTHING Is this some kind of a joke?

I also had this today:

Dear Claire, i recently posted a post about make up tips. as im looking for tips on how to do my make up as go some things planned next week and i like to learn new things. i was told that i should contact a MUA and see if they can show me some things etc so i was wondering if you could if possible or just to pass on some tips. i dont mind if you cant its worth a try.

Now we can provide free make up advice via email, please contact us we will be happy to tell you anything you would like to know emoticon

Welcome back to the world of mua's

emoticon

I think i remember that girl Claire, someone suggested she contact an mua to pay for a session of the mua doin the make up and giving basic tips. If she isn't prepared to pay, is a bit cheeky.

Have a tfp offer for you by the way (lol) but seriously be good to find out how your holiday went Tried to call you this afternoon, didn't realise you were literally just back. Hope you rest up and maybe chat to you tomorrow (have a shoot for the Marks Glamour Girls guy... hope it goes well).

Hope you're happy, relaxed and not too sad to be back.
Travel to me for a shoot - All bookings at Westgate Studio (Long Eaton) receive a 10% discount on my model fee.

03 September 2009 18:00
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Her reply to my costs was:

Thanks, got no money though, oh well!

Karen Hegarty is off-line
07 September 2009 05:39
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Hope you had a fab holiday Claire .... welcome home lol ... same old same old

Leanne Jessica is off-lineSilver Member
14 September 2009 15:12
LeanneMakeUp
Make-up Artist
LeanneMakeUp
London
Basildon

I had the same email a while ago

14 September 2009 15:24
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Cassie did as well. Wonder if anyone did the job?

18 September 2009 10:29
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

I didnt have the email??? now i feel left out 

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa ElleLaura karenr KerryWright24 Melanie277 Paris
63jian antoinewynn Creativedge digitalmood edwards ellessephotography eosfan Kinggonk Mattcairns mike0048 NigelAdams orca_photography photo_j Photojames43 rod_m99 Rscott360 Rule_of_Thumb supaglam swalsh58 whitepython xsa73