Reminder Secure

A suggestion - CHAPERONES

This thread is currently locked
01 September 2009 12:44
kruse
Photographer

Unique images and edgy fashion should go in the bin as well.

Now, I had this chaperone in my studio once.......emoticon

Needs a new signature now Phyllis has gone

01 September 2009 12:46
regthecat
Photographer

how about 'diffuse glow'
Talentless and unreliable. Please get in touch. I promise I will get back to you if I can be at all arsed.

01 September 2009 12:46
Vikki_Leigh
Model

Whats so wrong with the word chaperone?
Don't Be Pushed By Your Problems, Be Lead By Your Dreams

01 September 2009 12:48
regthecat
Photographer

Quote from Vikki_Leigh

Nowt wrong with the word itself - just what it stands for.
Talentless and unreliable. Please get in touch. I promise I will get back to you if I can be at all arsed.

01 September 2009 12:57
Mae
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from Vikki_Leigh

Apparently togs don't like us having them because they get in the way, they steal, they distract models, they play/text/phone people and make noise, and they watch over the photographer's shoulder.

My chaperone's never been an issue yet =/

Anyways, I'm gonna disappear now before I pee anybody else off, looks like one argument that'll never be settled: Some people like chaperones, some people don't, but I'mma shh nowemoticon

- Mae
Artistic Gymnast, Dancer & Art Nude

H photos is off-line
01 September 2009 13:10
designerhugh
Photographer

Hampshire

CHAPERONES

Have only shot with them present a couple of times on fashion shoots and once on a nude shoot. In general won't shoot with them present, my view is check my references and contact the models I have shot with, if not happy with this then I won't go to shoot. I have have met many husbands, boyfriends, mothers, dads who have dropped the model off at the studio and happy to meet them before hand and after not got a problem with this.

Concerns when chaperones are present, models tend not to be so comfortable plus want to run ideas through the third party. There is also the theft issue as well and insurance reasons.

Remember in general photographers look out for the safety of the models they shoot. You are probably in more danger from your own boyfriend than any photographer.

Hugh

Frank Van de Garde is off-line
01 September 2009 13:13
photofrank
Photographer

Netherlands
Amsterdam

Quote from Mae
Hmm, well I'm new here but I've been around other sites for over a year now, I've never came across anything bad happening with chaperones at shoots yet. =/
My chaperone is also my manager and my partner, and the photographers I've worked with have said they'd happily have him back again.

- Confused Mae

Three reasons not to book you.emoticon

John Smith is off-line
01 September 2009 13:17
johnsmith148
Photographer
johnsmith148
Tayside

I think you lost this thread Mike!!!
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.

01 September 2009 13:19
regthecat
Photographer

Quote from designerhugh
CHAPERONES Have only shot with them present a couple of times on fashion shoots and once on a nude shoot. In general won't shoot with them present, my view is check my references and contact the models I have shot with, if not happy with this then I won't go to shoot. I have have met many husbands, boyfriends, mothers, dads who have dropped the model off at the studio and happy to meet them before hand and after not got a problem with this. Concerns when chaperones are present, models tend not to be so comfortable plus want to run ideas through the third party. There is also the theft issue as well and insurance reasons. Remember in general photographers look out for the safety of the models they shoot. You are probably in more danger from your own boyfriend than any photographer. Hugh

GET OFF MY THREAD! NOW!

01 September 2009 13:22
regthecat
Photographer

Dear ladies and gentleworms - this is a thread about the word chaperone. not a discussion on the benefits/pifalls of them. if you have a comment on chaperones in general please go here

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kingpanther786
bogan carshaltonkev doctor rscott360 skinz