Victoria Howard is off-line
19 August 2009 13:54
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

OK
Who job is it to ensure that the models nails are clean, filed, and buffed?
Mine and I should either do the job on the day or hire someone to do the job on the day of the shoot.
Or the models job to maintain herself to a minimum standard and not turn up with dirty, bitten nails.

Chrissie Red is off-line
19 August 2009 13:55
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I would say its the models job to make sure her nails are clean before a shoot.
Unless your title is 'nail artist'

Tathiel is off-line
19 August 2009 13:56
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
Bristol
Bristol

I let my nails grow naturally but i don't go to a nail place to have them done. I suppose it depends on what your nail's are like? Im lucky in that i have nice petite nails that grow quickly - but on the other end of the angle they are also too small for false ones!

19 August 2009 14:01
RobertBetts
Photographer

Yuk - what a question - The Models everytime you are a make up artist not a beauty therapist!
Models have to accept that their bodies are the tool of their trade and respect it as that.

I have had models turn up for shoots in the past after a night out on the tiles or just over consumed with drink - I wont shoot them -Its not my job to work with those conditions
Do you think you get better ev'ry day? No I just think I'm two steps nearer to my grave

19 August 2009 14:05
beckym82
Model

I would be totally embarrassed to turn up to a shoot with bad nails! I like to make sure they're nice and neat with necessary varnish already done. I would think if a MUA wanted to paint nails on the day then they could easily, as long as the basics have been tended to first. How shocking for a model to own dirty, bitten nails!
BeckysBoudoir.blogspot.com

Lauren PJ is off-line
19 August 2009 14:09
laurenpj
Model
laurenpj
West Sussex
Brighton/Worthing

I think it's disgusting(!!!!!!) that models would even consider turning up to a shoot with filthy, teeth abused nails! I always ensure my nails are done for a shoot, it may only be a little detail but it looks alot better in pictures and if someone had bad nails it would be one of the first things I noticed! Its the littler things that notice! x
Everybody dances to their own BOOM BOOM ____

KT101 is off-line
19 August 2009 15:10
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Hertfordshire
Borehamwood

Not as bad as non washed hair i think.
What do I know about photography..... I'm a mechanic/milkman/driver/dogsbody. etc. etc. etc.

19 August 2009 15:11
bulky
Model

Unless we are talking about nails shoot with nails artist - it's model's work ofc.

Now tell us what happened
Be scared. Be very scared.

19 August 2009 15:14
RobertBetts
Photographer

Yeah bad hair is worse - can hide fingers - tends to ruin shots if you have to hide the head
Do you think you get better ev'ry day? No I just think I'm two steps nearer to my grave

19 August 2009 17:54
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Definately the models job to keep her nails nice and manicured. Im an MUA/Bodypainter and am not in front of the camera on a shoot BUT I WOULD STILL make sure MY nails were decent...If only at the beginning of the shoot before all the paint and latex abuse!!!lol

A model with dirty bitten nails??? sacrilegious!!!!

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessicaliu1993 mandymack
AndyGStudios antoinewynn antonart bilingbo BobWright Daddylonglense flawless_photo GlasgowPhotographer gshocker30 Kjoservices metro michael_cameraman Nothingventured philippahh Rare1953 rscott360 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos Zuiko
grailmodels