Reminder Secure

health reasons ( yet another chaperone thread )

This thread is being watched by 1 person
17 August 2009 19:16
whicker
Photographer

Quote from TMG

I wondered about this, but even i can see that a condition like epilepsy might justify having someone along who is used to dealing with a fit. I certainly wouldn't know what to do, and it would probably panic me.

Yes, I wondered that too- and fair enough. But even so- to have a condition that requires constant assistants must be pretty tough. Eseentially it must mean that the person is never ale to do anything on their own (such as drive.) I'm not being sarcastic, apologies if it comes out as such.
Avatar is linked to the Smiths, not a personal belief one way or the other.

17 August 2009 19:18
regthecat
Photographer

Quote from TMG

I wondered about this, but even i can see that a condition like epilepsy might justify having someone along who is used to dealing with a fit. I certainly wouldn't know what to do, and it would probably panic me.
There may also be other conditions I don't know about which would justify a health chaperone.
It's all a non issue anyway. I couldn't care less whether some models want a chaperone - entirely up to them. It just puzzles me that models go into modelling with the idea at the back of their minds that photographers are potentially untrustworthy. The silly girls who say that any photographer who objects to a chaperone is automatically dodgy deserve the knights in shining armour who leap to their rescue. Let them all work together in mutual and self-righteous  harmony.

What they can't see however is that the the Knight in Shining Armour sometimes ain't all he is cracked up to be,

I have no objection to chaperones - as long as they bugger off while the shoot is happening. What I do have a problem with is these white knights perpetuating the myth that anyone but them is potentially a rapist when the truth maybe be alot nearer home.
Talentless and unreliable. Please get in touch. I promise I will get back to you if I can be at all arsed.

G is off-line
17 August 2009 19:20
imageaware
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
imageaware
Hertfordshire

Quote from KatielouiseArmstrong
Personally I think that any 'tog' that says no to chaperone in the first place is a bit iffy! after all... YOU are going to meet someone who youve never met before and in any other circumstancess would you do this? No. (i hope) Some photographers may get a bit offended by this, as they might think youre implying that you dont trust them.

If you assume that they are 'iffy', then you are implying that they are untrustworthy !

G.

17 August 2009 19:25
TMG
Photographer

Quote from regthecat
What they can't see however is that the the Knight in Shining Armour sometimes ain't all he is cracked up to be,

I have no objection to chaperones - as long as they bugger off while the shoot is happening. What I do have a problem with is these white knights perpetuating the myth that anyone but them is potentially a rapist when the truth maybe be alot nearer home.

No, they can't see it. Why they can't see it, f@@k knows. Seems a shining eye and a beaming smile, accompanied no doubt by a sweaty handshake, takes you far when it comes to flattering a model.  It's enough to make one puke, but you've got to admit it works.

17 August 2009 19:39
regthecat
Photographer

Quote from TMG

No, they can't see it. Why they can't see it, f@@k knows. Seems a shining eye and a beaming smile, accompanied no doubt by a sweaty handshake, takes you far when it comes to flattering a model.  It's enough to make one puke, but you've got to admit it works.

Unfortunately that will always be the case.
Talentless and unreliable. Please get in touch. I promise I will get back to you if I can be at all arsed.

Monstersnowman is off-line
17 August 2009 19:52
monstersnowman
Photographer
monstersnowman
Lincolnshire

In response to the OP's initial post only - Well I have come into this thread very late on and have not read the several pages up to this but my opinion is that if a model has health issues that necessitate a chaperone in order to make the shoot possible it is also necessary to advise the tog as to what the condition is so that the tog is aware of what her or she is dealing with, for their own safety and reassurance. If this has been said or is inconsequential because of previous replies I haven't read then I apologise. I have a son with a heart condition and it is not enough when attending events to state he has a condition that requires certain precautions .. I always need to advise fully as to the nature of his condition so all people involved are aware of their responsibilities, risks and possible implications. A vague warning does not suffice in circumstances where serious consequences could occur that necessitate constant precautions to be in place that exclude any prior awareness of the tog who is as much part of the shoot as anyone could be.
Lord forgive me for my forum sins ... the latest one is a biggy !!

Tallulah Rose is off-line
17 August 2009 20:02
Tallulah_Rose
Model
Tallulah_Rose
Kent

i am sure a tog posted a thread about a model who needed a chaperone but he didnt understand saying if she was about to drop at any second should she be modelling, does anyone else remeber this?
A rose by any other name would smell so sweet

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Kitty_1 Softgentle
ad360photo adimages ansonphotography antoinewynn BOBREEVES chicimages david1500 digitalmood ElegantCaptures Fashionphotography ignite Jobe lenspoynter Millzy82 Rscott360 sjamesphotos skymouse Stoker tricky881