Reminder Secure

health reasons ( yet another chaperone thread )

This thread is being watched by 1 person
17 August 2009 17:51
Lisaliz
Model

No, sorry, why does this thread exist? Beyond me!

17 August 2009 17:56
TMG
Photographer

Quote from Lisaliz
No, sorry, why does this thread exist? Beyond me!

Two reasons.
First - it's an undead thread, ie, you can't kill it. The mods have done everything short of threatening to put anyone who starts another one up against the wall and shoot him/her.

Two - Togs are inherently dodgy, models inherently good, and a minder is necessary to protect the latter from the former.

17 August 2009 17:58
Lisaliz
Model

That's done it. Have now utterly lost the will to...well, pretty well anything

Mr D is off-line
17 August 2009 18:12
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Lancashire
Manchester

only 6 pages ? tsk i was expecting it to be in the 20s by now

Glasgow Photographer is off-line
17 August 2009 18:44
GlasgowPhotographer
Photographer
GlasgowPhotographer
Strathclyde
Glasgow

The bogey man is alive and well and he carries a camera. How else can you explain such near hysteria about photographers? You are either some sad child molester, mad rapist with studio or just a plain out and out terrorist. Ever went for a job interview on your own ladies? Did you ever consider taking along a minder to sit in during said interview? Would you have been GlasgowPhotographer is a naughty person ed off if they did not allow your chaperone to take part in the interview. Maybe they could have passed round the cups, arranged the chairs, etc, etc. Totally over the top reaction to those who do not like chaperones when shooting. I can and do understand if that was for personal health reasons but the situation should be fully explained to the photographer. They may have to make special arrangements to ensure your healthy & safety during the shoot so they need to know. I have had several experiences where "chaperones" have inhibited the model (not about taking their clothes off or similar) where they have not been as relaxed as they could be and they constantly looked over to the chaperone for approval in what they were doing. That does not "add" to a shoot - believe me. Now can we move away from assuming those who do not like chaperones as being some sort of - dodgey person> etc?
Regards, George http://www.monapics.com/html/blog.html

17 August 2009 19:00
lildevil87kt
Model

Personally, before I start to arrange a shoot I ask the photographer if he is aware that I require a chaperone at all shoots for health reasons, as stated on my profile.
Never had any that didn't allow one (yet) but if they asked my condition, I would just explain it.

I'm positive that my condition is nowhere near as complex as yours though.

All the best in the future.

Kerry

Tallulah Rose is off-line
17 August 2009 19:17
Tallulah_Rose
Model
Tallulah_Rose
Kent

Ive never brought a chaperone, but i do have a driver better known as my other half x
A rose by any other name would smell so sweet

Jesfish is off-line
17 August 2009 19:24
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from GlasgowPhotographer
The bogey man is alive and well and he carries a camera. How else can you explain such near hysteria about photographers? You are either some sad child molester, mad rapist with studio or just a plain out and out terrorist. Ever went for a job interview on your own ladies? Did you ever consider taking along a minder to sit in during said interview? Would you have been jes is a naughty person ed off if they did not allow your chaperone to take part in the interview. Maybe they could have passed round the cups, arranged the chairs, etc, etc. Totally over the top reaction to those who do not like chaperones when shooting. I can and do understand if that was for personal health reasons but the situation should be fully explained to the photographer. They may have to make special arrangements to ensure your healthy & safety during the shoot so they need to know. I have had several experiences where "chaperones" have inhibited the model (not about taking their clothes off or similar) where they have not been as relaxed as they could be and they constantly looked over to the chaperone for approval in what they were doing. That does not "add" to a shoot - believe me. Now can we move away from assuming those who do not like chaperones as being some sort of - dodgey person> etc?

LOL! emoticon 

I've been modelling for donkeys years (whatever they are) and have never taken a chaperone to a shoot, however, everyone model has the right to choose whether they want to take one and every photographer has the right to refuse.  If the two can't agree, then don't work together, it's as simple as that!!

I can understand the frustration of a lot of photographers when models keep saying things like "you can't be too careful" etc.  In 17 years as a model i've had more problems from weirdo's i've met in other working environments than I ever have as a model!  Don't steroetype all photographers just as people shouldn't with models.  Everyone is different and has the right to be!

17 August 2009 19:52
whicker
Photographer

Maybe I'm being naive, but I honestly can't think what these "health reasons" might be. I suppose if the model was physically disabled, and required help changing, then a helper would be needed. But other than basic physical needs, what is required? Is the chaperone a trained nurse or doctor? I'm yet to meet anyone, including persons with a physical disability, who need a constant companion for "health reasons." Unless I'm missing the point here, this ammounts to a condition where a specific companion is required.

Again, I'm not being nasty - but if a model told me a chaperone was required for "health reasons" I would, genuinly, be confused as to what their role was.
Avatar is linked to the Smiths, not a personal belief one way or the other.

17 August 2009 20:08
TMG
Photographer

Quote from whicker
Maybe I'm being naive, but I honestly can't think what these "health reasons" might be. I suppose if the model was physically disabled, and required help changing, then a helper would be needed. But other than basic physical needs, what is required? Is the chaperone a trained nurse or doctor? I'm yet to meet anyone, including persons with a physical disability, who need a constant companion for "health reasons." Unless I'm missing the point here, this ammounts to a condition where a specific companion is required.

Again, I'm not being nasty - but if a model told me a chaperone was required for "health reasons" I would, genuinly, be confused as to what their role was.

I wondered about this, but even i can see that a condition like epilepsy might justify having someone along who is used to dealing with a fit. I certainly wouldn't know what to do, and it would probably panic me.
There may also be other conditions I don't know about which would justify a health chaperone.
It's all a non issue anyway. I couldn't care less whether some models want a chaperone - entirely up to them. It just puzzles me that models go into modelling with the idea at the back of their minds that photographers are potentially untrustworthy. The silly girls who say that any photographer who objects to a chaperone is automatically dodgy deserve the knights in shining armour who leap to their rescue. Let them all work together in mutual and self-righteous  harmony.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
KinkyKaycee Missminiskirt toxicinnocence
alanbassettphotography ansonphotography Cliff Creativedge dave1980 DAVEYC djb1 Dolayley Don_Dark Hioctane James7799 jccj1 john2017 JohnDentonPhoto keltica Kjoservices mg mike0048 Philski photomart photostevo RealityImaging Reynard ricciarelli steveh32 Steveharratt Twilightphotography