Reminder Secure

health reasons ( yet another chaperone thread )

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Mr D is off-line
17 August 2009 16:31
Darkstudent
Photographer
Darkstudent
Lancashire
Manchester

Quote from 357
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your health problems, and i hope that whatever it is soon becomes better.

From what you say this photographer is a narrow minded bigot, and should not be allowed on this website,for safeties sake i think a lot of models do, and should take a chaperone on some assignments.
Especially if its him !!

All the best. x

Are you for real mr gwc

17 August 2009 16:34
regthecat
Photographer

Quote from Darkstudent
Are you for real mr gwc

just checked his folio out and I was pretty sure what to expect  before I opened it. I was 100% right.
Talentless and unreliable. Please get in touch. I promise I will get back to you if I can be at all arsed.

17 August 2009 16:36
whicker
Photographer

Quote from 357
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your health problems, and i hope that whatever it is soon becomes better.

From what you say this photographer is a narrow minded bigot, and should not be allowed on this website,for safeties sake i think a lot of models do, and should take a chaperone on some assignments.
Especially if its him !!

All the best. x

Don't be silly.

All the photographer has actually done is contact a model who has a chaperone policy, and said that he doesn't like chaperones for secnd shoots onwards.

He probably hasn't read her profile..... Hardly a hanging offence.

Avatar is linked to the Smiths, not a personal belief one way or the other.

Mary Kempton is off-line
17 August 2009 16:38
mooxx
Model

London
Lee Green

I think this is really out of order I take someone with me to every shoot I go to no matter what, Im not assuming things you just cant be too careful these days, togs should respect that

17 August 2009 16:40
whicker
Photographer

Quote from mooxx
I think this is really out of order I take someone with me to every shoot I go to no matter what, Im not assuming things you just cant be too careful these days, togs should respect that

Mention this on your profile.

Thats all there is too it. People can choose their own chaperone policy, its up to the individuals.

The problem starts when people start saying "oooh, a photographer should allow chaperones..." etc. Just let people make their own minds up.
Avatar is linked to the Smiths, not a personal belief one way or the other.

Dee is off-line
17 August 2009 17:00
xdeex
Model
xdeex
Berkshire
Reading

heyyyyy

thank you neil and lee for your input

and thank you to everyone who is being supportive such as hannah and other models and photograohers

im not going to put on the forum exactly whats matter with me as i think it personal to me...but if a photographer books a shoot with me i will tell them just as i have done with lee...

its also states clearly on my profile that i take a chaperone...

every picture on my profile has been taken with a chaperone present...

and i dont think it affects my work what so ever ...

i didnt start up this thread to be another chpaerone thread it was purely about how the photographer re-acted to me when it states clearly on my profile page...and iv always been honest (not like what he accused me of) and when i do shoot or am shooting im totally honest as to why my chaperone is with me ...i dont want my health to be sprouted out everywhere ...i do however like people to be aware of health conditions

Dee is off-line
17 August 2009 17:34
xdeex
Model
xdeex
Berkshire
Reading

spoke to the photographer concerned...and the blocking was un- intentional...id like to think this is the end of the matter...we are discussing things personally which is the best way

17 August 2009 17:37
ARCADIA_IMAGES
Photographer

I will shoot with you anytime Dee, perhaps the tog didnt understand your reasons but you are fine with me.emoticon I will look after you AND your chaperone!

emoticon
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser Gate.

17 August 2009 17:38
SmashGrab
Photographer

Quote from mooxx

Out of order? What a lot of tosh!

Feel free to take anyone you like to shoot if the photographer will accept them but what is truly out of order is to brand those who prefer not to work with chaperones as being disrespectful of the personal safety of models. That is rubbish. Many, many professional photographers and digital art creators do not want people looking over their shoulder when they work, and there is absolutely nothing untoward with that.

Imagine how you would feel if you got to a shoot only to find the photographer had invited their mate to sit in on the shoot and watch you modelling because after all "you cant be too careful these days". Would you be comfortable standing there in your swimwear? Probably not. The exact same thing applies for some people trying to concentrate on creativity without feeling the gazing eyes of some random sitting in on the shoot.

If you want a chaperone there for your peace of mind, that is totally fine and your wishes should be respected but please do not lecture those who do not allow spectators, that is naive and not just a little bit insulting.

17 August 2009 17:43
TMG
Photographer

I wonder if this is what hell looks like.

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Cody illy_xx Lucy2108 Winterlilly
63jian bengie diphoto dorrian gazza GlasgowPhotographer imageatthemill keltica Ladiesman mikebee oro panda49 photostevo plymjack Snooper911 stevegosh steveh32 Willjamieson