Reminder Secure

health reasons ( yet another chaperone thread )

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
17 August 2009 14:43
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

] from Neill5409
I have had a shoot with Dee and her Chaperone was not a problem, in fact I hardly knew she was there at all. For anyone thinking of using Dee I can recommend her work ethic and enthusiasm and the 'health issue' was not an issue at all, in fact if she had not mentioned it in our communication I would have been 'none the wiser'. I[qt personally don't understand this 'no chaperone issue' issue at all!

17 August 2009 14:45
emmie_model
Model

Quote from emmie_model
I dont get photographers somtimes!!
If your Chaperone is not going to be a pain in the arse, put you off etc.. I dont see the problem!!

If he has a professional attaitude towards photography then whats the problem with an "extra " person being near by and not interfering with the shoot?

Pro photogs have plenty of people present  through out a shoot , with their mua's ,helpers, stylist and they aint put off by them .

Most Photographers I know encourage Chaperones,

I somtimes have "Chaperone",  to makesure I get to the shoot,  I'm the worst driver ever (had licence for over 3yrs lol) if I drove id never get there, so I have someone to take me,but some how they always end up getting roped into doing mad jobs, and helping out etc..
 and also somtimes if Its a new photgrapher I aint worked with before, but when I mention it" most" are fine with it!

Forget about it.Stick to what makes you feel comfortable.

17 August 2009 14:55
SmashGrab
Photographer

Just what we needed, another chaperone thread!

In this case thought I think there are two separate issues, chaperones and a carer to assist someone with a particular medical condition. The two are completely separate.

On the issue of chaperones, I just cant be arsed to go over that territory too much again. Its boring. Models / Photographers .. If you want / dont want a chaperone that up to you but stop calling anyone from the other side of the debate either untrusting or a weido or something. Some people like the support, some dont want people looking over their shoulder. Who cares anymore .. JUST GET OVER IT FOR FREAKS SAKE!

On the issue of a genuine carer, that is a total different thing BUT only if that is the reason they are there. If they are actually a chaperone packaged up as a carer, well then same as above but if they is a genuine need then fair enough however the client booking still has the choice of saying thanks but no thanks. Thats market forces for you.

Anyway, come on .. please .. we want more chaperone threads!

Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Quote from Neill5409
I have had a shoot with Dee and her Chaperone was not a problem, in fact I hardly knew she was there at all. For anyone thinking of using Dee I can recommend her work ethic and enthusiasm and the 'health issue' was not an issue at all, in fact if she had not mentioned it in our communication I would have been 'none the wiser'. I personally don't understand this 'no chaperone issue' issue at all!

If you've ever had a bemused boyfriend behind you watching his girlfriend modelling and making her grin all the time, I think you probably would Neill! (of course one would then presumeably have words but at what cost to the atmosphere of the shoot)? With me, it's NOT a no chaperone issue, it's NO to a boyfriend. Mum/dad/girlfriend/auntie/grandmother, they're all fine. I note that Dee's chaperone was a female, - perhaps that could be mentioned in your profile, Dee?

Lee2008
Photographer

Personally I am well aware of Debbie's reasons to have a chaperone present. Usually I prefer not to have one around as they can sometimes be a distraction to the shoot. However I have made an exception in her case for one really important reason... because she is a damn good model

As such I am very much looking forward to our first shoot together, and am certain that we will get some superb shots.

Lee

17 August 2009 15:01
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

I'm going to give up being a tog, - would anyone like me as their personal chaperone? Can we have a forum on here for "Work wanted by Chaperones"? I've yet to work out my rates. I guess as a beginner I could do CFBT (chaperoning for being there) 

Rick Adams is off-line
17 August 2009 15:15
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

West Sussex
Rustington, Near Worthing.

Hi,

Sorry to hear of your health problems, and i hope that whatever it is soon becomes better.

From what you say this photographer is a narrow minded bigot, and should not be allowed on this website,for safeties sake i think a lot of models do, and should take a chaperone on some assignments.
Especially if its him !!

All the best. x

17 August 2009 15:24
regthecat
Photographer

Quote from 357
Hi,

Sorry to hear of your health problems, and i hope that whatever it is soon becomes better.

From what you say this photographer is a narrow minded bigot, and should not be allowed on this website,for safeties sake i think a lot of models do, and should take a chaperone on some assignments.
Especially if its him !!

All the best. x

A bit harsh. Many photographers won't have chaperones regardless. It's their perogative and it is not a condition of this site to allow them.
Talentless and unreliable. Please get in touch. I promise I will get back to you if I can be at all arsed.

17 August 2009 15:25
TMG
Photographer

Quote from 357
Hi,

Especially if its him !!

All the best. x

Oh, this is too good to be true.

17 August 2009 15:30
regthecat
Photographer

Talentless and unreliable. Please get in touch. I promise I will get back to you if I can be at all arsed.

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa bonni_cuffs chosin Just_janine Micah68
Andy_B davejarvis djb1 duncanjames hylander JohnDentonPhoto Jonathan52 kaosrox Ladiesman lfc9_uk matt68uk MIB mlp orca_photography Philski poah Puremoods RMI rod_m99 stevegosh Steveh32 swalsh58 tarmoo Twigtitus westend_portfolios