Reminder Secure

health reasons ( yet another chaperone thread )

This thread is being watched by 1 person
17 August 2009 14:52
TMG
Photographer

And so it begins . . . 

and they won't be able to merge this one because here's no room left on the header.

17 August 2009 14:59
whicker
Photographer

Quote from KatielouiseArmstrong
Personally I think that any 'tog' that says no to chaperone in the first place is a bit iffy! 

Oh no they arn't ....

Join in, we all know the words..
Avatar is linked to the Smiths, not a personal belief one way or the other.

FAT is off-line
17 August 2009 15:02
JohnE
Photographer
JohnE
Hampshire
Fareham (between Southampton & Portsmouth on the south coast)

Personally I think that any 'tog' that says no to chaperone in the first place is a bit iffy!after all... YOU are going to meet someone who youve never met before and in any other circumstancess would you do this? No. (i hope)Some photographers may get a bit offended by this, as they might think youre implying that you dont trust them.But when a 'tog' says no to bringing a chaperone when you state a health problem. That is something that would make me wonder about him/her.And as he felt the need to block you over this... it ssuggests to me that he is either very worried about models bringing chaperones or he is deeply offended by your request to bring a chaperone.He may also think you lied about your health just so you were able to bring a chaperone :Sgo with your gut instinct. And mine would be that somethings not right.

Hi katie
Just curious if you took a chaperone with you last week when some chap took some pictures of you , a chap who states on his profile he prefers not to have chaperones ? 
la tristesse durera toujours

17 August 2009 15:03
regthecat
Photographer

Quote from TMG
And so it begins . . . 

and they won't be able to merge this one because here's no room left on the header.

Ha - sooner or later the header will be longer than the thread.
Talentless and unreliable. Please get in touch. I promise I will get back to you if I can be at all arsed.

ICONIC :P is off-line
17 August 2009 15:14
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

to be fair i think it sometimes makes togs suspicious whether they are being told the truth when people say they need a chaparone because of health reasons, out of respect you should tell the photographer you are going to be working with your reason in confidence that he will keep it to him self, so that he is aware what is wrong if something goes wrong instead of being shocked and not knowing what to do, there can only be so many things that you need someone with you day and night, theres nothing to be embarrased / ashamed about you wont be the only one with the health problem, i feel that if you just explained the situation to togs they would be far more open to working with you.

just my opinion please dont take it the wrong way

Best wishes
JD
pissing purestorm off since 2009

17 August 2009 15:29
TMG
Photographer

Personally I think that any 'tog' that says no to chaperone in the first place is a bit iffy! 

Bang on the money. It never fails to amaze when togs don't appreciate the value a good chaperone can bring to the shoot. Personally, I find that one chaperone isn't really enough. Two, or better three, is just about right to get the most out of a shoot.

17 August 2009 15:31
emmie_model
Model

Quote from simonpaul
So Debbie, move on. Whatever your health reasons are you'll have to accept that some people will be accommodating to your new needs and some won't. You can't change people, so don't waste your energy even thinking about it. Some togs will work with chaperones around, some won't. Some togs will get scared about your health issues some won't Just find the ones that will and move quickly past those that won't.

I dont get photographers somtimes!!
If your Chaperone is not going to be a pain in the arse, put you off etc.. I dont see the problem!!

If he has a professional attaitude towards photography then whats the problem with an "extra " person being near by and not interfering with the shoot?

Pro photogs have plenty of people present  through out a shoot , with their mua's ,helpers, stylist and they aint put off by them .

Most Photographers I know encourage Chaperones,

Forget about it.Stick to what makes you feel comfortable.

17 August 2009 15:32
whicker
Photographer

Quote from TMG

Bang on the money. It never fails to amaze when togs don't appreciate the value a good chaperone can bring to the shoot. Personally, I find that one chaperone isn't really enough. Two, or better three, is just about right to get the most out of a shoot.

Yeah, a model may want to bring her boyfriend, who is already giving Dazza a lift so he may as well come too. Dazza's mum might as well come, and she needs a chaperone at her age (29) , so her mum's new boyfriend might want to come to. They were need too [sic] cars, so the travel expense must be covered by the photographer.
Avatar is linked to the Smiths, not a personal belief one way or the other.

hannah louise is off-line
17 August 2009 15:35
hannahlouisesmith
Model
hannahlouisesmith
Merseyside
wirral

well im sorry but here is my nursey bit coming up....... this girl has health problems how many of you would know what to do if she had say an epileptic seizure!, this girl is trying to still work where as she could be a lazy cow sit at home on disability,,,, so i say whats wrong with someone who can assist her should she need help because i can bet my bottom dollar a lot of you would keel over with a myocardial infarction if this girl needed help in the middle of no where and you had no clue what to do.

17 August 2009 15:39
TMG
Photographer

Quote from whicker
Yeah, a model may want to bring her boyfriend, who is already giving Dazza a lift so he may as well come too. Dazza's mum might as well come, and she needs a chaperone at her age (29) , so her mum's new boyfriend might want to come to. They were need too [sic] cars, so the travel expense must be covered by the photographer.

S'right. In fact, it's only the really evil togs what won't lease a bus to bring the extended family along.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa fashion29 Lushlolly maria_dyl sarahjane1 Shhimblond Silkythighslou Superhawk8 toxicinnocence
Andyphotography Cole96 dirkus dorrian gazzer59 hylander iestyn jonnar42 kaosrox keltica lysander mghphoto mrdl Ncp pafriend read Richard99 rod_m99 rscott360 stephenmuddell steveh32 swalsh58 visions11 woody