Reminder Secure

health reasons ( yet another chaperone thread )

This thread is being watched by 1 person
17 August 2009 07:15
UltraVioleta
Model

I don't think it should be an issue to explain what your condition is.

It's important to state it if it could impair your ability to shoot, conditions such as epilepsy for example.

I think you could save yourself a lot of trouble by just being honest.
Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos. (Living in Spain, will make brief trips back to the UK during 2010)

17 August 2009 07:35
ThomasJamesDean
Photographer

Shouldn't worry about it Debbie, sounds like a bit of an arse, I should just book with someone else. You are pretty clear about all your issues on your profile.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
17 August 2009 08:02
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Tis only a fool that would refuse to do a shoot with you, so more fool him. It really is best to be upfront about your condition as we've all had a go as to what you suffer from. Your condition is not your fault and once explained to a tog. I would hope he or she would be accomodating I'm sure most would. I have to see a doctor today who is more than likely going to look at the place where most people think I talk through. So you see it's best to be upfront or in my case upback, cafeful now

Dee is off-line
17 August 2009 08:27
xdeex
Model
xdeex
Berkshire
Reading

thank you to everyone who is being supportive

my chaperone is never a problem ...helps out with lighting....goes to another room to sit down while i shoot and reads papers or mags and is very accomodating makes a best cup of tea too hehe...

i think any of my referances should justify for the chaperone...

i am thankful to those who understand this ...

debbie

Dee is off-line
17 August 2009 08:29
xdeex
Model
xdeex
Berkshire
Reading

ps i am very honest when i meet the photographers or arrange a shoot but this guy we was talking of shooting but we didnt get round to it as he blocked me

17 August 2009 09:27
whicker
Photographer

Quote from xdeex
ps i am very honest when i meet the photographers or arrange a shoot but this guy we was talking of shooting but we didnt get round to it as he blocked me

You mention clearly your chaperone policy on your profile, so a photographer discussing a shoot with you should be aware of that.
Avatar is linked to the Smiths, not a personal belief one way or the other.

Siobhan Scott is off-line
17 August 2009 11:12
siobhans555
Model

Glasgow

This is a topic that really baffles me, fortunately i have never myself came across a photographer who has a problem with a chaperone, but my sister has. I personally agree with Redchecker and believe it to be completely egotistical of the photographer, and as Studioboy pointed out, yes the photographer will have to deal with numerous ppl such as stylists, MUA etc if doing a commissioned shoot. Also i think it just highlights how talented a photographer is he can still produce amazing pics and is not easily distracted from someone sitting in a corner. Furthermore on every shoot I have been on the tog has actually been grateful for an extra pair of hands to move sets around, as it is usually a male I bring with me. and finally. Surely photographers are just at as much risk, i know togs who like to bring someone with them on shoots because as horrible as it is, surely they can be at risk too, meeting with a complete stranger, there is just as much possibility of a girl claiming things about the tog and therefore risking his own reputation.

But anyway, i think you have been shown much support here Debbie and i hope it has not put u off

17 August 2009 14:22
whicker
Photographer

Quote from siobhans555
This is a topic that really baffles me, fortunately i have never myself came across a photographer who has a problem with a chaperone, but my sister has.

Well, just as some models will request chaperones, some photographers prefere that the model is happy working without a chaperone present. I'd say it's all good as long as people make their policy clear on their profile, then there is no confusion/argument etc.

Avatar is linked to the Smiths, not a personal belief one way or the other.

PhuckPrada is off-line
17 August 2009 14:38
KatielouiseArmstrong
Model

Essex
Hornchurch

Personally I think that any 'tog' that says no to chaperone in the first place is a bit iffy!

after all... YOU are going to meet someone who youve never met before and in any other circumstancess would you do this? No. (i hope)

Some photographers may get a bit offended by this, as they might think youre implying that you dont trust them.

But when a 'tog' says no to bringing a chaperone when you state a health problem. That is something that would make me wonder about him/her.

And as he felt the need to block you over this... it ssuggests to me that he is either very worried about models bringing chaperones or he is deeply offended by your request to bring a chaperone.

He may also think you lied about your health just so you were able to bring a chaperone :S

go with your gut instinct. And mine would be that somethings not right.

Tog House is off-line
17 August 2009 14:47
Neill5409
Photographer
Neill5409
Oxfordshire

I have had a shoot with Dee and her Chaperone was not a problem, in fact I hardly knew she was there at all. For anyone thinking of using Dee I can recommend her work ethic and enthusiasm and the 'health issue' was not an issue at all, in fact if she had not mentioned it in our communication I would have been 'none the wiser'. I personally don't understand this 'no chaperone issue' issue at all!
Chris http://www.chris-neill-photography.co.uk

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessicaliu1993
clarmike jonnywoo
Charlottealom