This thread is being watched by 1 person
Andy B is off-lineSilver Member
31 July 2009 07:08
andybeeuk
Photographer
andybeeuk
West Midlands
Sutton Coldfield

Yeah, if people are not prepared to pay on the day then its a no go!, an invoice for £75!!!! is it worth it!

no.... you made the right choice!

Sian Jeffries-Jones is off-line
31 July 2009 07:18
makeup
Make-up Artist

South Yorkshire

Thank you for the support, I didn't think I was being unreasonable but it's always nice to have others opinions and its good to have somewhere to be able to vent.

Sian
www.artistedemaquillage.com www.locksofdesire.com

Frank Sinnott is off-line
31 July 2009 07:28
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

your well out of that one

06 August 2009 11:48
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from RNPhotography
hmmm...didnt think of that! thats a good point really!

Yeah BUT can we keep in mind how much they messed her about too??? so i dont think giving 5 days notice is unreasonable..Its plenty of time to find another MUA AND she tried to help there also?? AND if the photographer wasnt trying to get something for next to no payment then he wouldnt have had that problem in the first place. This is just another case of trying to cut the pay of working MUAs...So if you dont want to pay then you can expect this type of thing happening. She didnt let anyone down, she got talked down and decided she wasnt happy about it. Fair enough i think.

06 August 2009 11:52
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Didnt want you carrying a large sum of money around??????? PAHH!!!!! Something VERY untrustworthy there me thinks...Good job he didnt want a bodypaint..I would have to have a bodyguard with me to carry my £150 payment around...

ICONIC :P is off-line
06 August 2009 11:53
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from Secondskin
Yeah BUT can we keep in mind how much they messed her about too??? so i dont think giving 5 days notice is unreasonable..Its plenty of time to find another MUA AND she tried to help there also?? AND if the photographer wasnt trying to get something for next to no payment then he wouldnt have had that problem in the first place. This is just another case of trying to cut the pay of working MUAs...So if you dont want to pay then you can expect this type of thing happening. She didnt let anyone down, she got talked down and decided she wasnt happy about it. Fair enough i think.

10 pounds per hour isnt next to no payment regardles of the traveling if the travels covered, but he shouldnt have messed her about
pissing purestorm off since 2009

06 August 2009 12:00
JaneWeiss
Model

Quote from Iconic
10 pounds per hour isnt next to no payment regardles of the traveling if the travels covered, but he shouldnt have messed her about

It kind of is when you consider that it equates to about £6.50/hour after tax. Then think about your insurance (car and liability), petrol, car tax and maintenance, kit upkeep costs, the fact it means you can't do anything else that day... after all that it almost is next to nothing.

I feel bad for you ladies and gents trying to make a full time living as mua's at the mo.
Travel to me for a shoot - All bookings at Westgate Studio (Long Eaton) receive a 10% discount on my model fee.

06 August 2009 12:25
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Thanks for your support Jane. Many people just dont know what is involved when it comes to Make up.

Sian Jeffries-Jones is off-line
06 August 2009 20:30
makeup
Make-up Artist

South Yorkshire

Again thanks to everyone's words of support and wisdom.  As for £10 not being next to no payment as Jane said after all costs are considered and bearing in mind I would have been using high quality (read expensive) silicon airbrush make up on the body as well as the face my costs were hardly covered at all, I quoted cheaper than normal due to the fact that this was going to be a published piece and tearsheets are valuable when you are starting out, plus as I mentioned the fee worked out at £8.50 per hour taking into account the travelling time.

If the photographer Iconic is happy to work for £8.50-£10.00 per hour then that's his perogative, sadly I cannot afford to.

Sian
www.artistedemaquillage.com www.locksofdesire.com

06 August 2009 21:23
Kayleighbuck
Model

lol tbh you shouldnt care really he messed you around in the first place pay you wont pay you,you even offered to find sumone else closer to the shoot.

dont let it worrie you.
xx

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
andygstudios