Reminder Secure

Postcode Searches

This thread is currently locked
26 July 2009 06:09
amethyst
Photographer

Many websites now use a postcode search facility, such as Ebay, so that people can find things relevant to them locally or within a certain radius. Could a similar search engine not be implemented on here to allow members to find each other, rather than having to trawl through profiles, to make sure a member hasn't entered the wrong location.

A recent forum post shows how some people don't even know which county they actually live in, which makes finding them even more difficult, postcode would work so much easier.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

Chris Martin is off-line
15 February 2010 10:54
Chriscwmartin
Photographer
Chriscwmartin
Kent
Kent

[ merged ]

Hi,

Due to my location in kent, its quite feasible that i would work with models in Kent, Surrey, Sussex and Essex as I am quite central.

Would it be possible to when searching for models put in a distance from my postcode to search rather than counties, a bit like eBay ???

Thanks

Comment : This has been covered before.
For a postcode based system to work all members would have to submit their postcode.
As many won't even use their real name, this is unlikely to happen.

www.cwmphotography.co.uk

Jim Gormley is off-line
09 November 2010 18:50
Truedefinition
Studio
This member has been reset to pending
Truedefinition
Greater Manchester
Stockport

[ merged ]

I don't know if it has been asked before and i don't know how difficult it would be to impliment but would it be possible one day to have the search facility for models/photographers/studios to work by a mileage radius of a particular postcode and/or town.  The current 'county' boundaries can be a little confusing and it does sometimes mean doing a few searches. Around my area for example we have Cheshire and Lancashire aswell as Greater Manchester.  There is still some argument as to wether Stockport should be Greater Manchester or Cheshire. 
Hallam Mill - a creative Photographers playground - 2 Huge (i mean huge) Studios - Daylight - Flash - Infinity Curve - Props..

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
pinklilly stratman79
keltica photofrank Robinsky Steveh32 woody