Lighting space whinge

Victoria Howard is off-line
05 July 2009 12:48
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

Does anyone else have issues with the space and lighting in the dressing/mua areas that many of the studios offer?
I always find the tables too high/narrow to set up equipment on, lighting terrible and space tiny.
I'm thinking about bring my own lights ect with me.  How do others tackle this problem?

Claire Shipman is off-line
10 July 2009 08:52
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Hi Victoria, If you dont have enough space to work, then move. I always ask the photographer if I can move near the shooting area where there is a space or in the kicthen etc, wherever I can get really. We need a lot of space to work and usualy most studios cant cater for this so I go find space elsewhere. I do take a high chair with me sometimes as I suffer with my back if I only have a low chair to work with. Most photographers are really helpful and will clear a space if I dont have anywhere to go.

I have also considred getting some daylight corrected lamps as the lighting in most rooms is VERY different to the lighting on set, If I could work on set then I would.

10 July 2009 15:50
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Blimey, iv worked in some spaces that leave alot to be desired!!lol. I once even did a bodypaint in the darkness of a tunnel with one spotlamp...ha ha it was an experience.

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jenbailey7 Jessica_Knight Macho_man
andyk antonart bob brendan ChrisNewton cps euroglamour KrissB MIB mlp paulj1980 Peter_d_photography Platidonio RHPhoto rscott360 Steveh32 swalsh58 talldave68 TinDolls usha13 Willjamieson
harbourstudio