I just got my first NO THANKS!

swchughes is off-line
05 July 2009 12:02
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
Surrey
Thornton Heath

Been here 6months. Had loads of models ignore me.
Just now I got a prompt reply (within 15mins) saying just two words NO THANKS.
I'm impressed! OK a bit loud, terse and negative but at least I got something emoticon

05 July 2009 12:10
tiggerdrew
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from swchughes
I'm impressed! OK a bit loud, terse and negative but at least I got something emoticon

Mate that is one scary avatar .....

... back in the U.K. ...

swchughes is off-line
05 July 2009 12:14
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
Surrey
Thornton Heath

Was left over from the "faceless togs thread".
For those joining now.. Im back to a normal.

05 July 2009 12:16
tiggerdrew
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from swchughes
Was left over from the "faceless togs thread".For those joining now.. Im back to a normal.

Simon,

You can't change it, people will think I'm losing the plot ... LOL

... back in the U.K. ...

Jesfish is off-line
05 July 2009 12:21
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from swchughes

How rude!  Well, i'm polite and always reply to photographers so why don't you book me??!!  emoticon

TarMoo is off-line
05 July 2009 12:28
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from jes
How rude!  Well, i'm polite and always reply to photographers so why don't you book me??!!  emoticon

I could be wrong, but I suspect he was being rejected for TFP shoots. Offering models paid employment usually gets a far more positive response. emoticon

Peter
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Jesfish is off-line
05 July 2009 12:29
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from tarmoo
I could be wrong, but I suspect he was being rejected for TFP shoots. Offering models paid employment usually gets a far more positive response. emoticon

Peter

Yes you're probably right, although I often get requests for TFP and I still reply and am still polite!

TarMoo is off-line
05 July 2009 12:44
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Simon - I am not totally convinced by your "non scary" avatar - it does look a bit like a scout master checking the weather outside the scout hut.

If you want to get a more positive response from TFP enquiries then perhaps you need some examples in your portfolio of the type of shoots you are claim to shoot - swimwear, lingerie, glamour, topless, gothic, art nude etc. Alternatively, try hiring a model - with the credit crunch there are some very good offers available, or book an hour on a studio day.

Peter
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

John Medley is off-lineSilver Member
05 July 2009 13:01
chymera
Photographer

Lancashire

Did all the models read the mails you sent? i sent about 30 over the last week about 5 gave me a reply another 5 or so just read them and no reply and about 20 have not botherd to even look at them hell all i was asking was what there rates were, so its not just you mate

swchughes is off-line
05 July 2009 13:07
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
Surrey
Thornton Heath

Fair point on TFP.
The model had no experience, and was open to TFP, so that is what I offered.
I've done TFP and paid shoots. I certainly get more repeat work if I pay!
I'm not fussed I got turned down I wont miss her. I've already done 3 shoots this week, and 4 models waiting for next week and beyond!

@tarmoo, very good points about getting examples of work on my portfolio. I guess I'm limited by number of photos. And hiring is indeed possible. I've just had two offers since this thread began an hour ago!

As for my avatar, it was a quick change from one where I was sticking my tongue out. I didn't mean it to get in the way of the main topic.
I was once a scout master! That probably makes me more respected in some eyes

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 Brightonblonde heather94 lynnesel tim toniallcorn
ad360photo bsmithesq clarmike Creativedge david1500 freddie gordon gshocker30 jackw Jb3329 keltica markeos50d Mattcairns metro MIB moritz78 peteb philippahh poah rod_m99 skymouse snooper911 Steveh32 templeimaging TinDolls zackjones
tim