Kumar Chan is off-line
12 July 2009 17:58
kumarphotoshoot
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
kumarphotoshoot
West Midlands
Redditch

I was just going thru the forum and found this interesting post which is about me.

Sorry Secondskin that you found i was rude

but you chopped up the head and tail of the mail, which i think you completely misunderstood.

Anyway, you responded to my forum request saying

"Hiya...I am quite local to you. Please take a look at my port and if you think i could be useful to you feel free to pm me and I can send you my rates. Is this the shoot with xxxx(removed)? as i have already messaged her today. "

and I replied

"I am looking to tie up with few make-up artist as i feel that i am missing a punch in my pics, where a makeup artist can give that extra impact.

I got different rates from people that can't take a decision. Basically at present looking for some beauty shots nothing extensive. Maybe a step further in the further will venture into more makeup and body art kind of things.

Yes, i need a makeup artist for xxxx(removed) too i.e, on (removed), saturday from 7.30 to late, but i adverted for today's shoot and have thursday & friday shoots (not completely finalised).

If you could let me know your rates, pardon me for my ignorance, but I usually used only local people they are more friendly give them a nominal pay and got some above average pics. So i don't know how the pros work.

Definitely at present i can't pay hourly rate. Give me some economical options and will let you know."

Yes, after reading this reply, found many grammatical mistakes. But on the whole all i was saying was using Amateur MUA and getting average pics and my intention was to hire a pro MUA at some reasonable cost as i am just enhancing my port and not for commercial assignments nor selling pics and get some great images with the help of MUA, as i feel that hiring pros is the only way.

I do like your work, and if you want to keep this misunderstanding aside and want to work with me, please do send your rates either as a session or per model or per hour or simply ignore it and let's move forward.

desyek is off-line
12 July 2009 17:59
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Quote from TonyS
Generally speaking, taking offence is a choice

I take offence with this statement.

emoticon
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

Man in a Hat is off-line
12 July 2009 18:06
HatterArts
Photographer
HatterArts
Dorset

I was very confused at what caused offense - he works with MUA's who are friends for nominal fees - he now wants to pay a pro (so to speak) and has no idea what the going rate is!
I was going for honest, but I think I may have strayed into being plain rude..

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
12 July 2009 18:13
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from kumarphotoshoot
Sorry Secondskin that you found i was rude but you chopped up the head and tail of the mail, which i think you completely misunderstood. 

Naughty, naughty Kumar. By not allowing the quote to remain out of context you have completely ruined a rant. You are a very inconsiderate Photographer and should be burnt at the stake for your heresy!

Never, ever try to stop a MUA when she's in rant mode. Like a low intellect midget, it's not big and it's not clever.

Bob

Man in a Hat is off-line
12 July 2009 18:16
HatterArts
Photographer
HatterArts
Dorset

Quote from Bob
Naughty, naughty Kumar. By not allowing the quote to remain out of context you have completely ruined a rant. You are a very inconsiderate Photographer and should be burnt at the stake for your heresy!

Never, ever try to stop a MUA when she's in rant mode. Like a low intellect midget, it's not big and it's not clever.

Bob

PMSL
I was going for honest, but I think I may have strayed into being plain rude..

13 July 2009 11:35
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from Bob

Bob

Thanks for your input Bob emoticon But it wasnt a rant. And Kumar has apologised to me and like adults we will put this misunderstanding aside emoticon

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Claretberet ElleLaura Emmaheron GLORIA_S missloulou
bob22 clarmike digitizer djb1 frank4 j_project Kjoservices MIB photostevo redbaron Rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 xposed
harbourstudio Lensmaster