Reminder Secure

What do others think of this???????

This thread is being watched by 1 person
05 July 2009 06:23
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

I applied for a job recently advertised in the MUA wanted section.....this was part of the reply i got!!!

.....................................If you could let me know your rates, pardon me for my ignorance, but I usually used only local people they are more friendly give them a nominal pay and got some above average pics. So i don't know how the pros work.

IS IT ME???????  i am really put out by this attitude.  I dont think i need to explain why??? Does this guy need to learn how to communicate professionally or what?? I havent even the heart to reply never mind work with this guy!!

Jesfish is off-line
05 July 2009 06:32
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I wouldn't be offended by it.  I think what he's trying to say is that he's used amateurs in the past so doesn't know how it works booking a professional or what your rates are likely to be.  Obviously the construction of his sentences leave a lot to be desired but some people aren't very good at expressing what they mean through writing.

KT101 is off-line
kt101
Photographer
kt101
Hertfordshire
Borehamwood

At the end of the day he is only asking a valid question. He wants to know how much it would cost to have a professional MUA.
Yes i understand its a bit off but then just tell him how much and leave it at that.
Some people naturally have an attitude problem.
We all get it from time to time.
What do I know about photography..... I'm a mechanic/milkman/driver/dogsbody. etc. etc. etc.

angel_sky
Model

Rude Rude Rude is all i can say !!!!

Tony S is off-line
05 July 2009 06:34
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

Generally speaking, taking offence is a choice

05 July 2009 06:43
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Quote from TonyS
Generally speaking, taking offence is a choice

Is not being rude  a choice too??  Being in an industry where people skills are a must!!

Tony S is off-line
05 July 2009 06:48
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

Quote from Secondskin
Is not being rude  a choice too??  Being in an industry where people skills are a must!!

Its difficult to pick up intonation in an email, the guy has structured his sentance poorly. Probably down to the word "More"

You can pick up on that if you want, or dismiss it as a syntax error and move on.

Obviously bear it in mind if they say other stuff that you feel is upsetting, but its doubtfull that a guy trying to arrange work with you is going to go out of his way to outrage you, so its more logical to assume its a mis-understanding.

05 July 2009 06:52
Secondskin
Make-up Artist

Yeah, i can see your point Tony. I think its because as an MUA i have always prided myself on upholding a professional friendly approach, so it takes me back a bit how some people type before they think.

Tony S is off-line
05 July 2009 06:55
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
West Sussex
Shoreham By Sea

Well, here`s your chance to blow his socks off and show what a proffesional is all about!

Victoria Howard is off-line
05 July 2009 12:45
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

Sounds very rude.
However just respond back to him sweetly with a standard reply

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Baileysandcream swifty24
ad360photo Belemboo brendan chriscooze cliffc daveo FlashHarry100 GSC4X Jerryg peteb PhilStorm Rscott360 sniffer stevegosh steveh32 swalsh58 tony121 visions11 Willjamieson zzdigital